rate my garen build please.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lightsaga

07-02-2010

you think it's ok? I go:

Doran's shield
boots (mercury normally)
ghostblade
guardian angel.

I know there are tank builds or full dps builds, but I don't really like to go tank with Garen but I want some survavility to do dmg =)

Hakairyu

07-02-2010

Hmm, I don't really see any problems with your build.

But personally I think you might be interested in getting a Phage/Frozen Mallet, and probably an Atma's after that. It gives you more survivability while also increasing your damage.

LeonHartt

07-02-2010

My Garen is more like a DPS with items that add survivability like yours.

I start by going for Berserker Boots simply because he feels a bit slow without an attack speed boost of some sort and because a little speed acts both as an offensive and defensive choice whether charging or fleeing.
I then go strait for Phage, starting with the health ruby, for reasons of survivability as well as granting a snare of some sort.
From there, I pretty much change the rest of the build dependent on whether there team is ranged heavy, tank heavy, etc..

Jaikaro

07-02-2010

Hope you like going squish.

If you're going to play a melee, you have to get some survivability items. GA and rezzing with 400 health isn't going to help you much.

StretchyStretch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakairyu View Post
Hmm, I don't really see any problems with your build.

But personally I think you might be interested in getting a Phage/Frozen Mallet, and probably an Atma's after that. It gives you more survivability while also increasing your damage.
I agree with this.

My Garen build is mostly tank, starting with Heart of Gold then either finishing Randuin's or getting Aegis, then getting the other. After that i'ts Frozen Mallet followed by Atmas for lulz.

Arcades79

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

I prefer Boots of Switness, and I usually build Frozen Mallet before any DPS items (though occassionally I'll rush Infinity's Edge).

un1337

07-02-2010

HOG is a worthwhile item now coz of randuins