Why the Smite change?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cliffsunder

07-02-2010

I am still very confused with that one... what did I miss?

Asuya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

I believe Guinsoo mentioned something about how effective double smite is on TT.

But really I don't think it changed much, people will still use it...

Subu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

^^^
dual smite on TT is a lil op

Draktok

07-02-2010

I only play TT, I don't see that it's op. Sacrificing two summoner spells - that will likely save you and get you the kill in the end - is more important to me. One smite is fine, two is overkill. ( I guess it depends on if you have a tryhard comp or not too )

Cliffsunder

07-02-2010

Ah okay. But yah still doesnt really fix the problem. :S

Its kinda annoying getting used to the new damage though. I have done too many early Smites when trying to steal buffs haha.

Kaiokhen

07-02-2010

Too strong for TT.

Toryama

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draktok View Post
I only play TT, I don't see that it's op. Sacrificing two summoner spells - that will likely save you and get you the kill in the end - is more important to me. One smite is fine, two is overkill. ( I guess it depends on if you have a tryhard comp or not too )
You say you only play TT yet you think dual smite is a waste? Being able to take lizard at level 1 with only one semi damaging skill and two smites is instant level 2 and lizard buff. Whomever get's the lizard and a 1 level advantage 2 mins into the game is most likely going to first blood, snowball, get map control and win the match, granted both teams are decent players

It allows highly mobile comps on TT to consistently lizard and dragon without much danger of being attacked, hence the nerf in damage. If you seriously want to play TT, consider queue dodging if you don't have two smites on your team. The smite nerf isn't felt too much on SR, but it takes about 2 "nuke" skills and an auto attack plus 2 smites to kill lizard now. If anything smite is still a bit too strong for TT.

Bad News Bear

07-02-2010

2 smite is unstoppable on TT, even still. Never lost with my tryhard comp running double smite on TT.

asktiks

07-02-2010

better solution would be to increase the initial spawn timer of the buff mobs to 10 minutes, by that point, everyone should be able to kill the lizard anyways and all it could theoretically be used for is to kill dragon faster but again, 10 minutes into the game the advantage of early lizard kill is already moot and irrelevant

Choudenjibou

07-02-2010

Why isn't it obvious? They want to balance around a map that is already unbalanced as it is, brilliant plan if I do say so myself.