Kog'Maw not good atspd-type or is it just me?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EgoProxy

07-02-2010

Just this match I tried using kog against nasus. The situation turned to be pretty even with Nasus's health not going down fast and me being away from his spells (except crappy aoe).

About 11 mins into match, with just a tear crystal (+mana for each spell casted 2nd tier) and sorc boots, zilean comes in with ghost, slows me, double bombs me, then speeds up nasus who tower dived and killed me (double bombs alone did 3/4 of my health).

From that point, I kept getting ganked if not by shaco then by zilean, and in group battles by lolevelynn and nasus.

I'm not QQ'ing over "Nerf this" and "Buff that", but I am curious how would a kog'maw adapt against a pro zilean or shaco? Because after seeing my ass getting handed several times, it gets quite annoying.

My build was:
Berzerker greaves
Madred's Razorblade (in the middle of making this was when it went downhill)
Almost done frozen mallet (just needed to buy the 3rd tier item itself, still had the 25% chance to slow)

Problems I seem to have is enemies who don't have range just runs away from my W buff (a thing i didn't have problem with for ap obvious reason). Added to that is the lacking of damage till I get madreds razor (and the slow movement speed I have). It just all seems to be difficult to conquer my problems untill I get these 3 items, which by then was near end-game for me.

So any suggestions.

bad element

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

try sword of the divine for first item (bye jax)

Irelia Hate Puns

07-02-2010

Try going with Nashor's Tooth -> Sorc Boots -> Rageblade -> Lich Bane -> Zhonia Ring.

EgoProxy

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widgit View Post
Try going with Nashor's Tooth -> Sorc Boots -> Rageblade -> Lich Bane -> Zhonia Ring.
So is hybred the best way to go about it? Because honestly I was just looking for pure attackspeed with at the end 2 cd reduction to reduce the cd of that move to 12 seconds. (Not complaining, but curious)

Irelia Hate Puns

07-02-2010

Pure attack speed kogmaw is terrible. Berserker greaves are for the most part also terrible. Consider how often you use abilities versus how often you autoattack stuff before deciding on attack speed.

Tram

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoProxy View Post
I'm not QQ'ing over "Nerf this" and "Buff that", but I am curious how would a kog'maw adapt against a pro zilean or shaco? Because after seeing my ass getting handed several times, it gets quite annoying.

My build was:
Berzerker greaves
Almost done frozen mallet (just needed to buy the 3rd tier item itself, still had the 25% chance to slow)

So any suggestions.

Quote:

My build was:
Berzerker greaves

Quote:

My build was:
Berzerker greaves

Quote:

My build:
Berzerker greaves
Quote:

mother****ing Berzerker greaves
Think I found the problem, sir.

JigglyThePuff

07-02-2010

Attack speed is nice to have for kogmaw, but not a primary stat. Mostly you should pelt things at range with e and r. W is useful, but max range on it isn't THAT far, and kogmaw lives off his range.

IMO, the top stats for kogmaw are mana regen (keep up the siege), spell penetration(boosts all skills), and cooldown reduction (mostly for e, allows back to back r uses slightly faster, also allows more usage of w, the tank killer). Attack speed is nice to get as a side benefit, but not something to focus on.