Should leavers receive a 1 hour IP ban?

Yes 23 51.11%
No 22 48.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

1 hour IP ban for leavers.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SolemnWishes

07-02-2010

Since a lot of people aren't queue dodging anymore when...
1 Someone took "their" character.
2 Someone took mid that was "clearly their's".
3 "Everyone else" is being a jerk and not tanking.

So instead they choose Evelynn with some ******ed summoner spells to try to force someone else to queue dodge so they take the penalty. This inevitably leads to...
1 Someone does queue dodge, the real jerk wins, and queue lines get longer.
2 People play the game anyways and Evelynn just afks, leading to a likely loss. (They might also feed).

Basically, the new queue dodge punishment has lead players to use other means to have their way and sadly it involves leavers. So to shut down this loophole I suggest Riot IP ban someone for 1 hour for leaving.

I don't think this will affect normal users very much, because if someone absolutely has to leave for something, then they probably will be busy for an hour anyways.

EDIT: I like adding to the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonneyMarket View Post
You do realize that after someone leaves a game (not a queue dodge) there is a penalty to IP earned for the following 8 games, right?
I don't believe this is working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangMe View Post
1) Raise your elo a bit, I don't think my elo is the greatest, but I haven't seen a Leaver in 150+ games that I remember.

2) I thought you meant riot IP points at first
I don't really see a lot of leavers, I'm just suggesting a solution.

Sourpatch

07-02-2010

Say my power goes out, as it often does where I live in the summer, and I can't get on for a bit, and my brother who also plays in my house wants to play after the power comes back. He can't play because the IP is banned because of a power outage. It doesn't work.

JonneyMarket

07-02-2010

You do realize that after someone leaves a game (not a queue dodge) there is a penalty to IP earned for the following 8 games, right?

BaconMouthJoy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-02-2010

It'd be useless.

BangWow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

1) Raise your elo a bit, I don't think my elo is the greatest, but I haven't seen a Leaver in 150+ games that I remember.

2) I thought you meant riot IP points at first

BigBoo

07-02-2010

Very dumb idea. Doesn't sound thought out at all.

M3SS3NG3R

07-02-2010

I fully support more penalties for the leavers. One hour ip ban sounds great to me.

EDIT: Just realized he meant internet ip. Oh well that's a bit drastic.

Sourpatch

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SS3NG3R View Post
It does work if he has his own account.

I fully support more penalties for the leavers. One hour ip ban sounds great to me.
He does have his own account and no it wouldn't because we share an ip...

EDIT: and of course when I go to fix an error the internet slows to the speed of a wafting fart.

MASE STUN

Recruiter

07-02-2010

are you being for serious right now? do you not know how short 1 hour is? how the hell are you gonna stop chronic leavers from chonic leaving with a measly 1 hour ban????

for a suggestion that has an ACTUAL chance of succeeding at stopping chronic leavers, refer to my post on the strangle-glove, provided here for you convenience.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...37#post1636237

Garion

07-02-2010

i dont like leavers, but that wont solve the problem