[Morgana] Response to Shurelia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kama Toki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

Shurelia Has commented about Morgana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurelia View Post

She's considered a solid A-Tier and very viable by competitive players, especially after the latest changes.

Well... Wait a second.... I don't agree

The changes were as such
1) Heavily Nerfed Shield
2) Heavily Nerfed Skillshot Hitboxes
3) Buffed Skillshot Vs Cleanse/Mercs
4) Reverted Ult Changes
5) Reduced Mercs by 5%
6) Reduced Skillshot Damage

So this changed Morgana as such
- Slightly more viable against Cleanse
- Substantially more viable against Merc's
- Substantially less viable against debuff champions
- Much harder to hit enemies with skillshot
- Removed counter to ignite (Shield nerf)
- Less damage overall against non cleanse/mercs
- Shield sometimes fails to work against damage (Singed's poison)
- Removed Synergy between Tormented Soil+Dark Binding (Mr Debuff)

The changes lowered the Mercs/Cleanse wall that was preventing her from entering Mid-high Elo, However Cleanse/Mercs in abundance will quickly make Morgana dead weight, along with simple dodging and focus-firing.

Her skillshot needs to be looked at for graphic+hitbox consistency, it loves to pass through enemies and at long range it's not even worth firing. Also one of the few skillshots you can dodge without your champion already being in motion as it is fired. Immobilize effects should not allow shunpo/teleport/decieve to work.

Her shield needs some changes, it does nothing against ignite which is infuriating as your teammates die. Sometimes it doesn't even block silly things like singed's poison. Dots eat through the shield too easily. Heimers turrets eat through the shield too easily. The cooldown feels wrong.

Her Soul shackles still incorrectly track players who are stealthed. This one is a simple glitch that badly needs fixing. When players know that bushes are a hard counter to your ultimate, it's a little unfair.

I feel she is only "A" tier at very low ELO where no player dodges or buys mercs. Quickly as your rise to mid ELO i would consider her a "B" tier, but still capable of pubstomping or carrying a game. At Mid-high she starts struggling, becoming a B-C, which lowers even farther the more skilled your opponents are.

She could use some changes that cater ONLY to Higher-ELO play, things that increase her skill cap and allow you to make her viable against players who actually understand what you can do. I think that at low-mid ELO she is fine, but as she gets higher it is quickly apparent how easily countered she still is.

-Try playing a game where the entire enemy team stacks cleanse and merc's treads, all while knowing how to dodge. I assure you Shurelia you will feel helpless.

Kama Toki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2010

This needed a bump, so here it is.

My last game

1v1 mid Vs katarina, it is frankly impossible to actually counter a good Kat with Morg. I was killed five times throughout the game by kat using shunpo+ult and finishing me with ignite... every time i shielded and it did nothing.

*oh god i miss the days where shield simply made you immune to kat's ultimate)

(not to mention shunpo through dark binding)

GcYoshi13

07-03-2010

Isn't she really detrimental in team fights in a way Amumu is?

Kama Toki

07-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi13 View Post
Isn't she really detrimental in team fights in a way Amumu is?
Not at higher ELO, you aren't going to run into the middle of an enemy team and get your full ultimate off, they will focus fire you about 1 second after you cast it, you will die.

I was talking with my friends about possibly making soul shackles "Triggerable" like you cast it, then either let it go the full 4 second duration or you can cast it again like sion's shield. To take a stun/damage equivlent to the time it had been running for.

This would make her a bit more viable in high ELO i think.

ShenofDoom

07-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kama Toki View Post
This needed a bump, so here it is.

My last game

1v1 mid Vs katarina, it is frankly impossible to actually counter a good Kat with Morg. I was killed five times throughout the game by kat using shunpo+ult and finishing me with ignite... every time i shielded and it did nothing.

*oh god i miss the days where shield simply made you immune to kat's ultimate)

(not to mention shunpo through dark binding)
Maybe... you shouldnt solo mid as morgana because morgana is a support hero?

Not every hero is Tristana...

SilverSoultaker

Emissary of the League

07-03-2010

Actually, the Q dealing instant damage at the start is an amazing buff. This is the reason that she is now viable, and I can confirm what Shurelia said about top players thinking she is fairly balanced.

Kama Toki

07-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenofDoom View Post
Maybe... you shouldnt solo mid as morgana because morgana is a support hero?

Not every hero is Tristana...
As Morgana i consistently outplay any other mid champions at my level. I feel that she is just as viable for mid as any other champion. However as i started winning more and reaching higher players, i am experiencing serious difficulties with good players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSoultaker View Post
Actually, the Q dealing instant damage at the start is an amazing buff. This is the reason that she is now viable, and I can confirm what Shurelia said about top players thinking she is fairly balanced.
You're silly, it just looks like she's doing more damage now -.-

She actually does less, unless they are wearing treads/cleanse/mundo

Also the secret skillshot nerf countered it out pretty bad. Dark binding needs its hitbox looked at.

Dimensionist

07-03-2010

Let's try to name one champion that will consistently face roll ANY other champion in mid... Pretty hard isn't it? Every champion has at least one other champion that will probably counter them in mid.

Morgana is fine now, if she gets buffed anymore then the nerfs will come and we'll have another gimped morg for a few months.

Maybe you should try playing Annie in mid, said to be one of the best mids in the game and I guarantee you'll still have problems against some champs.

SlyGoat

07-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimensionist View Post
Let's try to name one champion that will consistently face roll ANY other champion in mid...
fort elixir pantheon

chronolegends

07-03-2010

You are trying to build an assassin-type morgana where you should go for the support role with her.