Picking a role when you queue;

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Udub

07-02-2010

NO. reminds me way too much of WoW.

Purgex

07-02-2010

Now I'm not sure if I agree in queing based on what type of champ you're playing, I would like if there was a box for role after you pick the champion. It's somewhat annoying to have to ask people how they are going to play their champions. Especially for champs like Gragas, Mundo, and Garen.

I wouldn't want people to be required to click a role, but maybe just like a poll-like option on the side:
[ ] DPS
[ ] Mage
[ ] Tank
[ ] Support
[ ] Jungle
[ ] Mid

It could allow you to check multiple options, like a First Role and a secondary role.
So someone who plays Cho'Gath as a tank-mage. So he could check Mage as first, Tank as secondary.

There's just been one too many times where a team will be like Fiddle, Kog'Maw, Soraka, Garen, and then I have to pick. I pick Master Yi because we have mage, tank, support, and healer. Then I get in game and find Garen to build as pure DPS, and so does Kog'Maw. I would have chosen Amumu so I could tank for the team.
(Random example. I don't even play Master Yi haha)

tldr; It would be nice to have something that tells everyone in your team how you are playing a champ.

Torridus

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purgex View Post
Now I'm not sure if I agree in queing based on what type of champ you're playing, I would like if there was a box for role after you pick the champion. It's somewhat annoying to have to ask people how they are going to play their champions. Especially for champs like Gragas, Mundo, and Garen.

I wouldn't want people to be required to click a role, but maybe just like a poll-like option on the side:
[ ] DPS
[ ] Mage
[ ] Tank
[ ] Support
[ ] Jungle
[ ] Mid

It could allow you to check multiple options, like a First Role and a secondary role.
So someone who plays Cho'Gath as a tank-mage. So he could check Mage as first, Tank as secondary.

There's just been one too many times where a team will be like Fiddle, Kog'Maw, Soraka, Garen, and then I have to pick. I pick Master Yi because we have mage, tank, support, and healer. Then I get in game and find Garen to build as pure DPS, and so does Kog'Maw. I would have chosen Amumu so I could tank for the team.
(Random example. I don't even play Master Yi haha)

tldr; It would be nice to have something that tells everyone in your team how you are playing a champ.

That is exactly what it does. If Garen goes DPS, he doesn't pick the tank role. He picks DPS.

Garion

07-02-2010

ok, i choose tank, then i play Ashe.....

i dont see the point.......

Torridus

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarionKaiser View Post
ok, i choose tank, then i play Ashe.....

i dont see the point.......

If you cheat the system, for some bizarre and obscure unknown reason, your team will only be stuck the same way it is now. The last person will have to pick the tank if there's none.

Raccool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

However, on a somewhat related note, I think that every multiplayer online game should have a Matchmaking system like what Halo: Reach has.

It lets you select your preferences for teammates/opponents like; chatty/silent/no preference, teamwork/lone wolf/no pref, same language/no pref, etc.

I don't know why this isn't implemented in EVERY game.

Salruoth

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caanon View Post
Not WoW.

Bro.
It's "not WoW" but Season 1 is a blatant rip off of WoW's arena format and style... I don't get it. Clearly, LoL still borrows from WoW, just like a variety of other games out there.

It seems taboo these days to talk about WoW, regardless of the fact it's so popular.

Likely related to how people dislike "liking" popular things these days. It's cool to be rebel and like everything underground, amirite.

Raccool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salruoth View Post
It's "not WoW" but Season 1 is a blatant rip off of WoW's arena format and style... I don't get it. Clearly, LoL still borrows from WoW, just like a variety of other games out there.

It seems taboo these days to talk about WoW, regardless of the fact it's so popular.

Likely related to how people dislike "liking" popular things these days. It's cool to be rebel and like everything underground, amirite.
And WoW stole their PVP from Guild Wars. Where's your god now?

EDIT: Actually, WoW has stolen almost everything they have from one game or another.

inb4 "everything's stolen from tolkien" argument.

Salruoth

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccool View Post
And WoW stole their PVP from Guild Wars. Where's your god now?

EDIT: Actually, WoW has stolen almost everything they have from one game or another.

inb4 "everything's stolen from tolkien" argument.

I think you are mistaking a fanboy and me. I don't play WoW, nor do I particularly enjoy it. I just know it's widely successful and I do know that Season 1 in LoL is a blatant rip off WoW, particularly Armory. Disagreeing with that is like denying proof placed right in your face.

And Guild War's PvP does not directly compare to WoW, tbh. I've played Guild Wars for several years, before the plethora of expansions. While I enjoyed the game, it did not have the same feel as WoW's arena, which I have partaking in, just don't enjoy.

LoL is a great game, but to deny it that it borrows aspects from others games, is foolish.

MachineAmongMen

07-02-2010

i do agree with this to an extent.

on one hand i do dislike watching my team fill up slots i were prepared for using.
(EX: tank masteries and rune page, with a dps back up rune, to find we need a caster)
ik you can switch masteries in a hurry by my rune page won't be right.

i would like a preference option. where i can choose the types of champs i'm set up to play.

though what i would like more is draft mode