Picking a role when you queue;

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Torridus

07-02-2010

You should be able to click a check box that asks you which one of these roles you play;

'support, mage dps, physical dps, tank'.

Then, the game will try to match 3 dps ( with at least 1 being different ) with a tank and a support, and the longer the match takes to be settled, the least it tries to balance it out.

YES people could lie about their role. BUT it will still be better then what we have right now, which is completely blind matchmaking as far as team composition goes. 95% of the time I believe people wouldn't be lieing.

I am aware the last person to pick generaly has to pick the tank and etc. But this doesn't cut it. All I play is solo queue and I believe this should be looked into because it would make the game that much better, easier and fun.

You could also have the option to check 2 boxes; I can play phys dps or a support ( since I have 2 rune pages ). Then when you get into the champion select screen, you see which role you have been given.

Not only will this reduce the numbers of teams you will have to dodge, it will increase the balance of the game, and make people play support and tanks more ( and hopefully will make riot create more support characters ).

I do realize that at higher elos there are so few players that games arleady take a ridiculous amount of time to start- but unfortunately for them, the game has to go on and get better for the majority of the players- and as I said, as time goes on, the matchmaking could start creating teams more randomly, which will fix this problem anyways.

Comments, suggestions, thoughts?

VeLOLcioraptor

07-02-2010

What if I want to play Tank Yi?

Or Crittlesticks?

Or Critnivia?

Saavedra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

I think this is a great idea. In fact, I posted a thread about it, which was subsequently downvoted and buried. Anyway, I still agree.

Caanon

07-02-2010

Not WoW.

Bro.

Torridus

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeLOLcioraptor View Post
What if I want to play Tank Yi?

Or Crittlesticks?

Or Critnivia?

If you want to play tank Yi, you should take up the tank role. Anybody that wants to play ridiculous roles will eventually fall into the elo where it won't matter. This gives the team composition an easier time, not a perfect solution.

Torridus

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caanon View Post
Not WoW.

Bro.

Learning from other ( very successful ) competitors mechanics is what makes companies, ideas, video games, anything, much better.

Schnippel

07-02-2010

Nice idea, would be nice having a tank.
You don't have to read this, i just like writing.
I currently got +12 wins, now you might be wondering; "+12 wins, lmao noob!"
Well no, believe it or not most games i lose are not my fault, and it gets REALLY annoying, i can't get higher ELO, for some reason instead of putting me against better players, i end up with worse players on my team vs the same players on their.
My score is usually 4-0-0 early.
8-6-4 mid.
15-11-13 lategame.
This is not exactly my score, but this is the closest i can get to average, and IMO the lategame and mid are horrible, so where did i go wrong? Well early it starts with me doing extremelly good, getting lots of kills since i got 46%+ crit dmg. Now mid game it gets harder to win 1on2 and i start dieing whenever i get a kill, my kd/r goes down, but my score is still ok. And when the game progresses it stays this way.
Now how is it not my fault? well i will list a couple of reasons.

1. I made it clear that i go PURE DPS, i do not tank, but i my damage is the modern equivelant of Jesus.
2. I said if they wanted to win they need to put me in a lane with a person who has some kind of disable and can take some damage.
3. The reason i think i can get away with putting these MINOR, yes i said MINOR, requests is because after lvl 6, i go jungle, gank, jungle, gank, jungle gank.
Now what did i provide the team with? I provided them with the ability to kill any champion in the enemy team in 1-3 sec depending on skill. I provided 1 of them with a solo lane. I provided them with the ability to ask for a gank and get backup within 5 seconds. And mostly, i provided them with a win.
I take requests, if someone wants me to ward, i ward, if someone wants me to take a solo lane, i do it IF i can still get my buff. Now can you honestly tell me that it is to hard for a player jungling to leave a lizard buff for Yi? I mean really! You get 30 minutes of jungling for yourself, and in that time you cannot leave 1 of the 2 Lizard buffs for me? cmon!

Lastly.
I do more dps then anyone else, and i have always had that idea, since the day i started.
I know that i am not the best, but that is why i need to get into high ELO games. To play with people who can give backup! FIX MATCHMAKING FOR CHRIST SAKE! I DONT WANT NOOBS ON MY TEAM! I WANT TO MEET BETTER PLAYERS AND PLAY WITH BETTER PLAYERS!!!

Wow, if you read this, lmao!

Epicaznlol12

07-02-2010

+1.

Agree. :3

Leirkov

07-02-2010

I see your tank Mundo and raise you one critical chance Ryze.

sthorwall

07-02-2010

Sometimes when I go into a premade with friends, we sit for five minutes to figure out who we're going to choose in selection. When I solo, I usually choose based on team comp -- wait for others to pick, then I fill the remaining role. With friends, we can all do that so we have to figure out who's going to fill what role.

The reality is that many players can play at least a couple different types. Most players should *not* go into a match thinking, "I'm going to play as Tryndamere no matter what." Nothing makes me hang my head like a team that chooses Ashe, Tristana, Twisted Fate, and Teemo, leaving me to wonder how we're ever going to win this game with pure dps and squishiness. But this problem wouldn't be solved by checking a box for the role you plan to fill. Roles change based on enemy team comp and particular game situation. Last game I played, we had Twitch, Ashe, Anivia, and Ryze, so I took Amumu for his tankiness. When the game started, Ryze left. Anivia and Ashe were poor, feeding and going underleveled. So instead of playing for straight tank, I let Twitch cover the dps role for Ashe and filled in what Aniv and Ryze would have given us -- AP and CC. Fortunately, they were an entirely mage team, so I mixed in some MR. Built Amumu like I never would have dreamed going into the game, but it made me an MR tanky butt-saving killer that could push. Twitch did the same, and we both had such positive KDRs and pushing power that we took the entire team on and won. (I noticed afterward that they were all lvl 30s, btw, so not noobs.) Moral of the story: LoL is a team game, and the balance comes from in-game dynamics rather than check boxes. It's a very attractive idea and makes some sense, but in the end it just doesn't recognise the organic reality of the game.