Why do i keep losing...Getting depressed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etakon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

you need to find yourself a team. and as u win games, your elo rating gets higher, so u will start to experience harder matchups until it reaches your current skill limit. my advice is if u see a good player, see how he plays, what items he get. try that playstyle, see if it suits u. if not, try some other style.

most of all, u need to experience more matches and practice :]

topboy

07-02-2010

trial and error my friend : )

once you discovery a way to beat the system (not que dodging) you'll be a very happy player

sweatersDC

07-02-2010

First and foremost, check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kxGQ3gWdrM -- made by one of the developers (and an all-around great player), this video is probably the best general tutorial for League of Legends that exists right now.

Beyond that, just a few pointers from checking your profile:

1. Stop buying Malady -- it's cheap, and actually kind of good on some champs, but in almost every situation there is a better item to buy. Instead of Malady, consider Stark's Fervor or Last Whisper.

2. Stop buying Berserker's Greaves -- again, it's useful on some champs/some situations, but the other boots are much better. Mercury's Treads or Boots of Swiftness are currently the two best picks.

3. Don't buy Sword of the Occult (or other "snowball" items, where you get stacks for kills) until you are skilled enough to do well without them. If you die more than you kill, those items are a waste of gold.

Other general tips:

- Learn to last hit: you should only attack the enemy minions when they are low enough to finish off, so you get the gold for killing them. This is "last hitting". In between last hits you should focus on harassing the enemy champions, and/or avoiding their harassment, depending on the matchup.

- Play defensive, not aggressive: This is generally always good advice, since staying alive is preferable to getting a kill (in most cases). Sun Tzu said that "the skilled warrior first ensures his own invulnerability, then waits for his enemy's vulnerability". This is how you should play -- stay out of harm's way and wait for your enemy to slip up, then capitalize on his mistake.

- Play ranged champions: Ranged champions give you a safety zone, allowing you to participate in combat without putting yourself directly in danger. This will let you stay alive longer and therefore give you more time to learn the subtleties of the gameplay.

Hopefully some of this helped you, and above all, don't listen to Crithica, somebody spit in his cereal this morning.

Happy LoLing!

bloodynub

07-02-2010

you can also friend me painboots. I'll help ya out with the champs i know well

Clarithium

07-02-2010

Don't get sad. I've lost 9 games in a row at times. I've won 9 games in a row at times. Right now it seems I'm winning 5 games for 1 loss. That'll change, I guarantee it, lol.

Garion

07-02-2010

play play play, join practice games, ask for help

add me if u want, but ima not that good

lastly, ask the community, its full of people that are willing to help, except some.....

anyway, read guides, play play play ^^

theFinest

07-02-2010

at low lvls it sucks cuz theres still dumb people that play just wait till u get to high lvls they know some what of what they are doing.

Donyrage

07-02-2010

Hey guys, there has been a lot of great advice from you, both here and in-game. Thanks so much

Things are turning around for sure.

Etakon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

yea. come play together some day

TheNat

07-02-2010

i can always help you out too if you'd like ^^ add me if you want and ill play some with you.