Why do i keep losing...Getting depressed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Donyrage

07-02-2010

Hey. I started playing this a couple of days ago (im level 12 now)
I have bought a few heroes...
Evelyn, Janna, Kayle, Master Yi, Soraka. (also i played a whole day using Tremedere when he was free)
The first hero I ever played with was Soraka. It was really, fun. I would heal people, i would kill mobs pretty well. I made a friend, he would tank- i would heal...
This was last week when gragas was free... He plays gangplank now, which he likes, but gangplank is much squishier then gragas... Soraka, you need someone who is a tank with you. Playing games you dont always get that =/
I then played tremedere all day. I saw plenty of players do really well with him. I actually did fairly well too, that day. It was fun. I don't own him, but honestly I can't say I like the hero too much. He was okay.
Anyway, then I decided to buy Janna. Jana was great fun. I won a couple games with her, flipping people was great. Then I also bought Kayle. I was like, in love. Kayle was awesome.
Then the new week started, so there were new free heroes. I decided to buy Evelyn, to try out a stealth class because she looked fun. Man, every single time i played her I kept losing. I was like...okay, bad choice- lets go back to Kayle, the hero i won so many games with. Well, with the new weeks heroes...I lost most games.
I bought Yi out of desperation, because when I see players who are good at him, they look overpowered...usually kill their opponent in like 2-3 hits. It looks like their health literally melts in a second or two.
I
Master Yi felt different...but I never really encountered a player who's health I could just melt, like I had seen. ..

I don't really know whats going on here, but I am really tired of losing game after game the last couple of days. Twitch just destroys any hero I use.. (twitch is popular), the other hero i keep going up against is this wolf hero...He destroys me too. I am really starting to dislike certain champions...but meh.

All in all, ive had a miserable time losing game after game the last couple of days.
I am thinking of uninstalling...Look, i dont cry or start raging or anything...but when you lose time, and time again...
It's just seriously depressing. I think I am a good player...I try not to feed... I look up the builds I should be using for my champions..
What am i doing wrong?? Is there anything I can do?

keptalive

07-02-2010

this free champion rotation is really horrible. next week it will go back to rarely seeing twitch, with not that many warwicks. in regards to the other problems, you lose some you win some, technically matchmaking is supposed to be a near 50% win loss ratio, so if you are up 10 wins, expect to lose a few, and vice versa. as your level goes up, teammates will get more skilled,and so will you. this will soften the blow of losing so much i hope. try making some more friends and do arranged team to avoid any bad apples in a solo queue. stay at it and you will win.

Necroscourge

07-02-2010

To be honest, 6/10 times it probably is not you at all.

Quite often you will be thrown very bad players in matchmaking in order to punish you for having a free mind. I suggest hanging out on group chat and trying to put together a good team. Its a team game, you will lose now and then, but try your best and you shall prevail!

I have a 50/50 ratio in wins and losses like many other games, thats how matchmaking seems to like rigging it.

Chyron

07-02-2010

Well your 1st mistake was buying heroes before you actually tried them out. If you insist on spending money on heroes wait till they come out that week and then try them to see if you like them.

As you know items are a big thing as well. If you not sure what items to buy go check out some of the guides in the GUIDES and STRATEGIES section of the forums. They have them all listed out for every character on the 1st post.

You might just be getting bad teams as well (it happens and we all go through slumps sometimes). Just hang in there and keep pluggin away. The best way to deal with twitch or ANY other stealth class is to buy wards or a clarity pot, pretty much owns them.

The thing about yi is you have to have a good mix of Attack speed and Atk dmg. Most atk speed combined iwth his ult to really chew through ppls hp. One really good counter for WW is to get cleanse as one of your summoner skills. It owns his ult or get merc treads.

There are a ton of things I could tell you but unless I actually watch you play I can't give much advice
:-(. Sorry, just hang in there and keep pluggin away!!

Xixy

07-02-2010

You're the common element in all of these games, so chances are you're not as good as you'd like to think you are. **** happens though. I lose all the time and I hate this game, but **** if I'm going to uninstall it or stop playing. Just deal with it and you'll either improve and keep winning, or realize that this game isn't for you.

keptalive

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crithica View Post
You're the common element in all of these games, so chances are you're not as good as you'd like to think you are. **** happens though. I lose all the time and I hate this game, but **** if I'm going to uninstall it or stop playing. Just deal with it and you'll either improve and keep winning, or realize that this game isn't for you.
terrible advice.

kektr0city

07-02-2010

friend me in game, kektr0city (that's a zero). i'll run some practice matches with you and give you some tips.

Xixy

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by keptalive View Post
terrible advice.
Yeah? It's a shame you want to argue the idea of good advice with me, because it's an argument you won't win. There is no proper advice to give someone who is having a hard time winning games. He IS the common element. He IS more than likely worse than he thinks he is. All he can do is either keep trying new champions, keep doing what he's doing, or give up. Those are the three options he has. He can form a premade, but his options are still the same in that premade. There will always be a winner and a loser, and most of the time the loser overestimates his/her abilities.

keptalive

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crithica View Post
Yeah? It's a shame you want to argue the idea of good advice with me, because it's an argument you won't win. There is no proper advice to give someone who is having a hard time winning games. He IS the common element. He IS more than likely worse than he thinks he is. All he can do is either keep trying new champions, keep doing what he's doing, or give up. Those are the three options he has. He can form a premade, but his options are still the same in that premade. There will always be a winner and a loser, and most of the time the loser overestimates his/her abilities.
he came here for help and advice, not to be passive aggressively ridiculed by someone who claims to hate the game. bugger off

Lehran Fye

07-02-2010

First of all Voltairez, this week was awful for new players overall due to this week free champs but come on! Don't feel bad about it, here are some advice for this week.

If the enemy has one twitch in their team be careful and try to check your minimap more often than you use to and if you see that he is missing from his lane try stay as near as possible from your turret; try to buy a ward to make your laning phase easier and see when twitch apears, mid-late game buy oracles and try to make your team buy some too.

Secondly, the wolf is named Warwick yeah he is kinda annoying but no big deal he prolly will be jungling and most likely have some neutral buffs so again try to put a ward in the bushes of the river to see if he is coming for a gank, his ultimate is totally cleanseable so this week i sugest you pick cleanse as one of your summoner spells and punish him for trying to ult you using cleanse to get out of it; really try not to 1vs1 the wolf if he is at high health currently he is one of the best 1vs1 champs in the game but as i told you before: Currently Cleanse makes his ultimate useless against you.

If you are still willing to use Master Yi here is a hint, his passive double strike will make you hit twice every 7 hits, you actually have a counter in your screen that tells you when double strike is ready, in the laning phase when its ready use alpha strike to one champ with low hp (not tanks) and do an auto attack and you'll see how his health will go down alot just again be careful and dont use this if u are on low health too OR if the other team can stun lock you.

Hope this helps a bit and see you at the fields of justice.