Who ever invented the queue dodge penelty

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hova69

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ration View Post
So, you're complaining about a penalty to something that goes against the Summoner's Code?
Next time if you don't want solo queue woes, make some friends and make a premade.
summoners code? what are we 14 and still jerkin off to walmart catologs? grow up dude i dont give a **** about some make believe rules about a **** video game. and i like your answer to the problem, you must be a real winner in the remedial classes.

"just overlook the problem and play the game another way" **** man stay out of buisness.

and why the **** do you get the royal carpet? if you dont like queue dodgers why cant you just **** off and wait for 5 or 3 friends to get online. why should us who have families and jobs be denied when they get a 30 min window to play because you got ****in corky from life goes on as your 4 partners.

Hova69

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyresea View Post
One bad idea (a minor one at that) should result in someone losing their job.

I really hope you don't work in any sort of management position.
one minor bad idea? is this your first day on the forums, they have been instituting a harsher penalty after how many months of trial with it? for the record i am in a management position, and we dont fire for one minor mistake. but we will fire lower management for poor choices being continued after seeing proof of negative results.

this isnt ****ing kindergarten this is business, and this **** is just ****ty business.

Munkafaust

07-02-2010

The queue dodge penalty is poor design. It may help deter overly picky people from dodging but it does nothing to add to the experience or fun of playing the game. Design should be focused on the general player experience and not focused on the knee jerk reactions of the vocal minority. Design should respect the players time, not everyone is in high school or college, or any other station of life with unlimited free time.

What do you say to the player who logs on for an hour after work and joins the queue, only to have a friend log on 2 minutes later. Do they ignore their friend and play it alone? or do they relog to play with their friend? What if as those friends are about to load into a game and another friend logs on? The point is this: The player should never be punished based on the indirect actions of others.

Look Riot, we get it. The matchmaking system is terrible, perhaps some of the worst I have ever seen. You took some shortcuts, designed a closed system, implemented "ELO" for something that mixes individual and group dynamics. You took some shortcuts and I am sure many were justified through the free to play model, however preventing your players from playing your game is not the solution. Stop taking shortcuts and covering them up with bandaids. Fix the initial problem, the shortcuts taken in designing the matchmaking system. Its time for a robust system that does not follow the competitive DotA model. The DotA model was driven out of necessity, due to limitations of being a custom module within a larger game. Please Riot, look at the strengths and weaknesses of YOUR product, not someone elses; then redesign your matchmaking to fit with what you built, not with what your predecessors built.

Hova69

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkafaust View Post
The queue dodge penalty is poor design. It may help deter overly picky people from dodging but it does nothing to add to the experience or fun of playing the game. Design should be focused on the general player experience and not focused on the knee jerk reactions of the vocal minority. Design should respect the players time, not everyone is in high school or college, or any other station of life with unlimited free time.

What do you say to the player who logs on for an hour after work and joins the queue, only to have a friend log on 2 minutes later. Do they ignore their friend and play it alone? or do they relog to play with their friend? What if as those friends are about to load into a game and another friend logs on? The point is this: The player should never be punished based on the indirect actions of others.

Look Riot, we get it. The matchmaking system is terrible, perhaps some of the worst I have ever seen. You took some shortcuts, designed a closed system, implemented "ELO" for something that mixes individual and group dynamics. You took some shortcuts and I am sure many were justified through the free to play model, however preventing your players from playing your game is not the solution. Stop taking shortcuts and covering them up with bandaids. Fix the initial problem, the shortcuts taken in designing the matchmaking system. Its time for a robust system that does not follow the competitive DotA model. The DotA model was driven out of necessity, due to limitations of being a custom module within a larger game. Please Riot, look at the strengths and weaknesses of YOUR product, not someone elses; then redesign your matchmaking to fit with what you built, not with what your predecessors built.
holy **** this guy gets it, why cant you fanboys get off riot's nuts and open your eyes.

p.s. thanks for the grammatically and more articulate version. i refuse to care about proper grammar in front of a bunch of ******s on the internetz

Granos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

Cool story bro.

Kushmeyer2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova69 View Post
holy **** this guy gets it, why cant you fanboys get off riot's nuts and open your eyes.

p.s. thanks for the grammatically and more articulate version. i refuse to care about proper grammar in front of a bunch of ******s on the internetz
I get it too, but I still disagree. If I can win a game with Akali, Shaco, Pirate, Tristana and Ashe then I'm sure you can win with your similar combo. And instead of complaining about your 14 year old teammates YOU be the tank and stop being a 13 year old who wants to be the OMGKILLKILLKILLBLOODKILL carry.

And also, the real reason you don't use grammar online is because you are way too pissed and don't realize bad grammar makes you look like an idiot to 90% of the player base.

I woulda +1'd the guy you quoted. I -1'd you. Learn from that guy before turning redder than ketchup and raging.

Cyresea

07-02-2010

Quote:
one minor bad idea? is this your first day on the forums, they have been instituting a harsher penalty after how many months of trial with it? for the record i am in a management position, and we dont fire for one minor mistake. but we will fire lower management for poor choices being continued after seeing proof of negative results.

this isnt ****ing kindergarten this is business, and this **** is just ****ty business.

The original queue dodge penalty idea, while not a great one, wasn't terrible. It did discourage queue dodging, to some extent, which is what Riot wants. And it only inconvenienced the chronic queue dodgers, who really deserve to be inconvenienced, at least imo. Having to wait 10-20 minutes to get into a game because people kept dodging whenever they saw something that wasn't in one of the top tiers was really, really irritating.

I agree, the modification to it is a bad idea though.

Edit: Oh shoot, I just saw your response to the Summoner's Code post someone made. May I suggest you yourself grow up a bit, and learn to be civil when dealing with other people?

Carados

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ration View Post
So, you're complaining about a penalty to something that goes against the Summoner's Code?
If you want to, you could argue that any situation where you could justify queue dodging, someone else is breaking the summoner's code.

Aicasia

07-02-2010

Quote:

You're pretty stupid. Being a ****** isn't going to help you get your point across. Ironic, I know, but I'm a ****** with acceptable grammar.

topboy

07-02-2010

Thread Creator is a rage quitter. He got 70 leaves.

Riot should start banning this kind of foul mouth that abuse the MM system and poop talking about the developer , while at the same time having high leaves.

Intentional 70 leaves - this guy should be ban