Blue vs Purple: Camera Angle Matters!

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eaglesfan427

11-28-2011

Im sure im not the only one who feels this way, but when im playing of summoners rift, i find that purple has a distinct disadvantage because of the camera angle. The placement of the HUD along with the camera angle significantly impacts the purple team for a couple of reasons. Most obviously, the HUD blocks part of the screen where your enemies may be. While this may be encountered during a gank or jungle fight for blue team, it happens nearly the entire game for purple team. Secondly, it feels more natural (at least for me) to attack up the screen, not down.

There are two ways i can think of to fix this issue:

1. Make the summoner able to rotate the camera in order to have a perspective that they are most comfortable with.

2. Make perspective one of two choices for the player, blue is bottom left or purple is bottom left. This means that no matter what team they were on, they would feel as though they were attacking from whichever side they felt better with.

Im not sure this is possible, but it would be very interesting to see the winning team totals for all matches to see if it really has an effect. If not, perhaps a sample of 100 or so, not including surrenders or games where people leave. Also, this is not about locked vs unlocked, so dont post about that please.

Note: This is only really a problem on the top-down portions of the lane, the side to side parts are perfectly even. While mid as purple i feel is slightly disadvantaged, it is not nearly as problematic as top or bottom.

FouR TrYsS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2011

Bump. However oddly enough I prefer to jungle on purple as my champion doesn't block the minions as much.

Brakkius

11-28-2011

i would rather have blue because i don't like the vikings :P

Toonation

11-28-2011

yea it dose but you can play unlocked camera but i lock the camera locked when killing torrents lol. Anyway if you get used to unlocked camera it gives you more of an advantage; you can multitask like check top and bot in mid or vice versa.

I like that idea though because sometimes i don't feel like unlocking camera.

But even with unlocked camera you still get a disadvantage I notice whenever I'm on blue my team dose significantly better.

Bump~

Dèvi

11-28-2011

to be perfectly honest I unlocked the camera function the day I started playing this game...could never understand why you would limit your view anyway

BrandFlakez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2011

People play with a locked camera?

Zilligatyx

11-28-2011

I don't know what all the complaining is about. I play locked camera and i do better as purple bottom lane then anything else.

CaramelMachiatto

11-28-2011

I prefer purple

MHPhoenix

11-28-2011

While I agree that playing with an unlocked camera is very advantageous, surely an option to reposition the HuD up top can't be THAT hard to implement?

bounty Claws

11-28-2011

I think it would be cool to have it seem like both teams or coming from bottom. (only problem is spectator mode....) Rotating the camera like in say Runescape would be nice but I don't think it would be worth Riot's time to make that work(it harder than it seems you have to redo a lot of the graphics and if there engine doesn't support it then forget it...)

I set me space bar to lock/unlock my camera( I only play locked when chasing from bottom up...) I found that helps a lot when new at the game( I came from Runescape witch only had locked camera) and that was REALLY hard...

Any way there are my thoughts on the matter.

BountyClaws

12345 ... 8