Dominion Waste of Time?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Roman Empire

11-28-2011

I think the game mode itself is fun, but its so frustratingly imbalanced that I really don't even want to play anymore. Every game is Rammus/Shaco/3tankydps, it gets old

Tommies

11-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omonomous View Post
Dominion's fun... it's fast... it's fun...

-HotshotGG
Because if this guy says it it must be true

Hugs From Momma

11-28-2011

Another hate thread dumped on the Dom forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xahz View Post
I think the game mode itself is fun, but its so frustratingly imbalanced that I really don't even want to play anymore. Every game is Rammus/Shaco/3tankydps, it gets old
Get past your low ELO or play draft.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2011

SR is so much better right?

Sitting in lane last hitting creeps is super fun.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2011

Was Dominion a waste of time? As opposed to what?

If you compare it to searching for a cure to the common cold, yeah, I'd say it was a pretty big waste of effort.

On the other hand, if you compare it to what SR fanboys crave, like extending the last hitting phase for an additional 40 minutes so they can show off their elite PvP skillz by killing AI-controlled minions, no, I think Dominion was a pretty good investment.

Iliketurtle

11-29-2011

Its too fun

MacDizel

11-29-2011

The only way you can get me to play classic anything is to be a good friend who asks nicely. I'd rather watch LMN with my wife !

Dominion rocks ... its faced and furious with great tactics and teamwrk, yet allows fpr individual battles and team play is incredible. Classic... meh farm farm farm.

Altorr

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumtil View Post
Am I only one who is feeling this way?

Like it was fun for the first 20 games i played, but I almost never find myself saying,

man cant wait to get on and play some dominion....its always summoners rift.
Hrm you didnt say much so let me try and figure it out. You say "you feel that dominion is a waste of time". First off to be clear this League of Legends is essence a 'waste of time' or as its sometimes called a 'passtime'. You play a game inbetween the time you need to spend working or doing other responsibilities, to pass the time between chores/responsibilities and to have some fun as well.

But you say that you feel that Dominion itself is more of a 'waste of your time' than Summoners Rift. Dominion takes much less time to play so time is not the actual factor here but something per time.

Perhaps you mean your amusement? You have more fun playing Summoners Rift so an hour long Summoners Rift game is more fun to you than 2-4 Dominion games.

Or perhaps you honor your time spent playing Summoners Rift more because you played ranked and you have a fixation on a certain number and seeming that number grow makes you feel like youve accomplished something for your time wasted playing.

In any case, its totally your choice to like or dislike dominion, just as it is to play or not play it. Personally I enjoy how fast the games are so as to not have to put my life on hold for an entire hour whenever I start a game.

I enjoy the deathmatch feel to it as well where strategy is more about the choices made in the heat of battle and not simply setting up a long and drawn out gank. that said I still enjoy SR as well, but lately ive been leaning to Dominion for any solo queue games. if friends are online then SR can be fun, but in a solo queue SR is just evil.

Stez007

11-29-2011

You know what game type sucks? DotA. Warcraft is so much more strategic and skillfull. No idea why anyone bothered making DotA in the first place. No one plays it, it's such a terribly skill-less game mode.

FDru

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stez007 View Post
You know what game type sucks? DotA. Warcraft is so much more strategic and skillfull. No idea why anyone bothered making DotA in the first place. No one plays it, it's such a terribly skill-less game mode.
Haha, good one.

Amazing how "dumbing down" a popular RTS spawned one of the most popular genres gaming has ever seen (and don't bother mentioning AOS, because it was not the same thing as the hero building MOBAs we all actually love to play).