Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What does this accomplish?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Charles Barklius

11-28-2011

Wall of text inc, read it all or **** off

What does nerfing champions you can deal with accomplish? Nothing. They will just be replaced by another next week. Thats how power creep works. Soon as something gets weaker another appears to be superior. Akali wasnt touched for months, but suddenly we get OMGWTFSOOPNERFNAO. Why? Someone started using her properly. What is wrong with a champion working as intended? Trynd does a lot of damage with crits. Ok, thats ALL HE DOES. He just hits things, ults, then hits more things. Hes good at hitting things. To survive in lane he has to hit things. It is very easy to prevent him from hitting things (Malphite + Frozen Heart = sad Trynd). The argument: "It forces me to counter pick and coordinate with my team" is completely invalid. Do you hear yourself? Its OP because I have to work with my team in a team game. Its OP because I have to use strategy in a strategy game. Every champion has a counter. Akali was countered by tanky champs with good sustain/champs that could trade with her, MR and Vision Wards. Trynd is countered by tanky champions with high armor/slows and Frozen Heart. He is also countered by high harass champions (assuming you harass him from the beginning and keep it up all laning phase). Sion was complained about, then his AP ratios got nerfed by 0.1 each
Thats about 20 damage per 100 AP from his entire combo
And you know what?
No one complains anymore.
Akali lost 2% spell vamp and 2% bonus damage
No one complains anymore
Do you know what this means?
People complain about champions to justify their inability to beat them
When the champion gets nerfed, people have nothing to complain about anymore
Nothing CHANGED about the champion, they're still relatively the same. People will be getting stomped by Trynd even after hes nerfed (he will be, thanks for that -.-). Akali still stomps. AP Sion is still annoying.
Crying OP to justify your lack of skill will ruin this game.
ESPECIALLY when you pay no heed to counters and just cry about it.

That is all.

Charles Barklius

11-28-2011

I typed all this, and I'm not about to let it die without some sort of response.

The Interficio

11-28-2011

The problem is, it is easier to balance the odd 10-20 Champions which are above average, then it is to balance the lower "tier" champions. I would argue Akali was only very powerful due to Hextech Gunblade, which was on the too powerful side. Tryndamere isn't overpowered of course, he probably one of the easier carries to stop.

The problem primarily comes from the place where playing the champions we enjoy, is a handicap, as the potential equivalent replacement for them, is to superior.

We saw this recently in Graves, despite people arguing against it, he had a kit which was far to strong, this is evident in him still being quite viable now. Despite me thinking Riot slightly "over" nerfed him.

Xin Zhao nerfs were just embarrassing though, and I'll probably feel the same about Tryndamere, they have been bad for to long, let them enjoy some glory.

Valrcrist

11-28-2011

Quote:
Sion was complained about, then his AP ratios got nerfed by 0.1 each
Thats about 20 damage per 100 AP from his entire combo
And you know what?
No one complains anymore.
Akali lost 2% spell vamp and 2% bonus damage
No one complains anymore

Sion and Akali are still banned all the time in ranked. The nerfs made fotm players stop playing them due to perceived weakness, and made GD stop complaining, they didn't actually balance anything.