Guess what level I am...MM is horrible

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

joopy

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal Loki View Post
Im like level 16 and I got paired up with abunch of level 30's... was playing malzahar, the kassadin took off almost my full bar of health with just his silence and R... I dont have any ruins as I only saved up the ip for malzahar a little while ago and I want to save up for tier 3 runes =( just makes me sad when the game is determined before it even starts.
Riot really needs to fix MM for people < lvl 30. The only reason you retain people is because they want to keep playing. If a low level person keeps losing he will quit because he doesn't have anything invested into the game. A lvl 30 is more inclined to stay through a losing streak because he/she has champs, runes and time invested into the game.

Draktok

07-02-2010

I'm +55 on my wins over losses and my queue for 3v3 is instant. This nonsense that no one plays 3s is ******ed.

Garion

07-02-2010

QQing at such an early lvl?

jk, anyway, u might be playing with them as they have bad ELO, or TT at that point has fewer players therefore u will get matched with them

play more and u'll see it aint that bad

PS: MM has a reputation for being bad, its not news

joopy

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarionKaiser View Post
QQing at such an early lvl?

jk, anyway, u might be playing with them as they have bad ELO, or TT at that point has fewer players therefore u will get matched with them

play more and u'll see it aint that bad

PS: MM has a reputation for being bad, its not news
If I don't QQ now I'll still be QQing when I get to lvl 30.

Guinsoo

Game Designer

07-02-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Well, what happens is that as you sit in queue, it continually widens the match criteria, so that as time goes on it gets increasingly likely that you'll find a match. It didn't start out intending to match you with higher level players, but eventually the system just tries to find you a game. That's one of the tradeoffs we have to make so that you don't sit in queue for 30 minutes. If you want, you can cancel the queue and rejoin to limit the search criteria to closer matches, if you are willing to wait longer.

One note about that also, we do have other measures to expedite things when the queue is long (your 'priority' so to speak goes up to the queue as time goes on), but if the queue doesn't have enough players around your level and/or skill (and the TT queue is typically smaller than SR) it can take awhile.

Having said that, it still tries to make a fair match considering skill and levels, even if the levels are not equal. Our stats do show that levels don't make as much of a difference as skill (and we know at about what %) and we do factor that into the matching algorithm.

Octgonapus

07-02-2010

I disagree. I Believe marksmen hunters are far superior to survival hunters in numerous ways both PvE an PvP.

edit: downvoting is for beast mastery hunters.

Naseuss

07-02-2010

Kind of in line with what Guinsoo said.
Also, y'know... It CAN'T give you the VERY BEST 30s in the whole game.
Those 30s will still pretty much be composed of suck, so...
Yeah, they do have an advantage, but you're a smurf.
Now, do you belong in your elo? Are you a good smurf?
Perhaps those are the questions you should ask as Matchmaking puts you in your place.