Possible to get a refund?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Silent Chief

07-02-2010

I emailed riot TWICE. around 2 weeks ago requesting a refund for Kog'Maw. I payed with RP and only played 1 game with kog. I was really hoping to get my request looked at but at this point my only viable option is to come to the support section of the forums.

Please inform me if it is even possible to get the refund.

bloodchow

07-02-2010

item brought is not refundable =D thats the basic rule for all shops over worldwide

The Silent Chief

07-02-2010

Except there have been cases of refunds given for riot before.

Mostly because you don't buy the item with money, you buy the item with riot points which is bought with money. So they don't lose money by giving a refund.

The Silent Chief

07-03-2010

Shameless bump.

Eliseo

07-03-2010

They only refund IP when you buy the same item with RP. If not, you could just buy 1000 RP play any hero and ask a refund when you get bored. Also if you are not willing to take your chances buying a champ that you might not like, with RP, wait until hes free.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

07-03-2010

Typically refunds are not given in this situation, but if you want a more authoritative answer e-mail support@riotgames.com. You will receive an auto reply within an hour, if you don't than something is blocking the e-mails from going back and forth. Check your spam filters, spam folders, and add @riotgames.com to your whitelist.

surpriselove

07-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
Typically refunds are not given in this situation, but if you want a more authoritative answer e-mail support@riotgames.com. You will receive an auto reply within an hour, if you don't than something is blocking the e-mails from going back and forth. Check your spam filters, spam folders, and add @riotgames.com to your whitelist.
Is a one hour response time typical? I sent in an email this afternoon with no response yet and no blocks on my email acount.

The Burning Waffle

07-03-2010

This is one of those things where you took a gamble that a little patience would've prevented. If you'd waited til he was free, you could've tried him out first. Instead you bought him right away, and blew your points on a champion you didn't like. I've done the same thing, Shen and Pantheon are just sitting in my roster, nothing doing. You don't see me QQing for a refund though