Need help in ranked TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jpup88

11-27-2011

My team and I have just started trying TT, we win like every practice game in normal together, but in ranked we are at a draw we win one then lose one, win one, lose one. We have skype and usually pick these champs-fizz, renek, tryn, ezreal, shaco, fiddlesticks, cho.
Now that the background is out of the way, because of our tied up w/l ratio, we lose more elo than we gain, so I have 2 questions.

1. What are some tips in game we could use?

2. What champions do you think would be a good combo for us?(please put up other champion ideas that could be good on TT that i haven't listed)

Sam

11-27-2011

Don't pick Cho his Q is really hard to land, so its a wild-card.
Fiddle is a wild-card too, miss ultimate, lose game.
Ezreal, I mean i see a lot of players use it, but it just lacks sustain and can be easily taken down.
Renekton really good if build correctly.
Trynd OP! O NO! NERF NOW!
Fizz good but don't see a lot out there that is good. Should jungle fizz if you are playing it in TT.

Also get timers for dragon when you or other team take it. deciding factors. Always take the wolf and ghost buffs they are really reliable. 5 mins dragon timer when it dies.

Combo : Morgana, Udyr Phx, Kennen = GG

YoGurt8

11-29-2011

Ezrael is really good with something like Yorick/Rammus. The other team will have an impossible time trying to catch him.

Your argument for not picking cho is the lulz. Don't pick the most amazing dragon control hero in the game cuz his... Q is hard to land... yea...

SoTHaVoK

11-29-2011

^^^ cho is a good pick ,

I noticed u didnt mention jungling, you are warding correct
And having map control is half the game if your not timing buffs (wraiths wolves and red)
And dragon your falling behind, buffs can change teamfights dramatically along with where your warding,

Things i require when picking my team
1. CC or where is our initiation who is going to agro/taunt/fear/stun them so that the dps can do there job

2. Counter picking, NEVER pick easily countered champions 1st, and always focus on whos laning vs who

3. Obviously balanced damage (physical, magical) i usually prefer team having 2wrigles or AD champs that can clear dragon fast and counter jungle them

Nice team comp ive done was wukong,olaf,morg/kenn

As usualy none of them are banned, wukong for CC and ken/morg to follow up even harder
Olaf is also insanely strong as his ulti makes him uncatchable and unstoppable in ganks and teamfights

Relik Bloodlor

11-29-2011

Well i don't do ranked yet, but i got some basic stuff to mull over.
˘your team is 6 summoner spells, 9 ability's, 3ults, and 3 passives.(thats not a lot to work with)
˘its very ez to accidental make a 3 man team that deals 75-99% of its damage as physical or magic. (so just as ez to tank that as a team.)thats bad
˘Flash and flash like ability's are great for skirting walls and map control, ghost and ghost like ability's are great for positioning and dragon/red buff interception

Okami Kageteiru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

Kennen is really good in TT, try picking him up. Jungle control is extremely important in TT so champs that have strong jungles do very well (Lee Sin, Skarner, Nocturne, Udyr) Try to make sure your teams aren't too heavily AD based. Yorick with any kind of strong auto attacker is just devastating in TT because you are basically making it a 3v4 in that sense. I have seen Yorick do really well with Vayne especially. CC is very important. I like to make sure I have at least one ignite on the team. CV is useful but with it's nerf I'd probably just stick to wards. Wriggles is too good in TT :]
I find Malphite to be a very strong pick in TT, because he counters all those bruisers quite nicely, while packing some decent CC and he has good damage naturally.
Also it might be useful to pack a smite for jungle control.

YoGurt8

11-29-2011

TT is all about dragon control. If you want a good tip, this is it. Dragon is massively OP in this game mode, it gives a nice buff (not too important) and crazy gold/exp. If you can get the first dragon it usually snowballs your team into getting the second dragon and so on. Having a bad early game usually means certain death. Going 0-3 and being down a dragon is extremely difficult to come back from and usually means the enemy team has to make mistakes for you to win (or you have to turtle hardcore).

Team comps, items, playstyle, timing, has all got to do with getting dragon, that is why Chogath and Shaco are such high priority characters to play, Shaco's smite when used behind minions benifits from backstab meaning you have the highest hitting smite in the game. A good shaco will box up dragon before doing it and unless killed will always steal dragon from the enemy team. Chogath has the same kind of appeal, 1K true damage + smite = hard to steal.

Tanky Dps that get wriggles are also very fast dragon killers (usually you have two of these in a game with a tanky AP with some CC).

Thats all that treeline really is. Get dragon and win. At higher elo it becomes more about counterpicks and such.

Poser1313

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

How do you guys usually build Kennen here on TT? I've been having trouble deciding.