Lifesteal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Bender

10-02-2009

On what heroes is lifesteal good? tanks, dps, hybrids?

are they better or worse than +dmg items, isnīt better to stack defense?

what do you think?

Phaerius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2009

Most tanks don't have the pure attack damage to benefit from lifesteal.

EnygmaSoul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2009

I think your question betrays a simplistic worldview in which such things as absolutes exist.
But that's just me.

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

10-02-2009

I get lifesteal on heros that:

1 are not casters
2 hit fast and/or hard
3 need the survivability

examples; Warwick, Tryndamere, Kassadin and to a lesser extent Teemo

Other than those I tend to stay away from the lifesteal because there are other, better options

EnygmaSoul

10-02-2009

*nods* In my experience lifesteal is not a trait that functions well independantly of other factors. It is best used as a supplement to stacking either high damage or attack speed: since the amount you heal is based on the damage you inflict with (mostly) your auto-attacks, lifesteal requires autoattacks that either hit hard or hit often for you to see much benefit.

But I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

Lollerman

10-02-2009

Gangplank/Sivir could put Stark's to good use. Incidentally, Malady works great on them too. Yi doesn't really care for anything that isn't Bloodthirster, but Starks wouldn't be too bad for him either I guess.

I've seen plenty of Sion gunning for naked Thirster, seems to complement his skills well.

Lord Bender

10-02-2009

ty guys

DryPenguin

10-02-2009

I was wondering about lifesteal too. it is only direct damage like from autoattacks? Does it not proc on DoTs or drains? I believed it would proc from a spell too, like Parrrley

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

10-02-2009

Very welcome Bender

DryPenguin, DoTs and Drains, no it does not work. Parrrley im not too sure about. Good question. Could be answered by a Pirate fan or the master of 'will this work with this', Guinsoo himself

DryPenguin

10-02-2009

I can test it. I just haven't used it personally on Gangplank yet. I find that by the time I get my core build done the game is over