Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Queue dodging: Add an AFK check and kick system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bluntsallday

07-02-2010

The most legitimate reason to queue dodge is simple. AFK players. 99% of my queue dodges come from AFK players not picking a champ. Now, if this were DotA I would be perfectly fine with someone picking a random champ, because you don't have masteries, summoner spells, or runes to worry about. However, if someone is AFK at select and ends up with a random, chances are his runes, masteries, and summoner spells will put them at a severe disadvantage. Sure, it's possible to win still, but why would you take that chance? Add and AFK check, where if a player is AFK before a game starts, THEY are given the queue dodge penalty, rather than the players who are actually trying to play the game.

Kick vote. If someone picks Tryndamere with Clarity, I should have the option to kick them. No one should get a penalty for this, but if someone is purposefully picking summoner spells that are useless for their champ(such as Clarity on a champ that doesn't use mana) I shouldn't have to play with them. People ALWAYS do this when they want to queue dodge without getting a penalty, forcing a different player to dodge them rather than having to dodge themselves. Give a kick vote option, where you can kick the player in question and get a teammate that isn't a jacka**.

These two things alone would make matchmaking SIGNIFICANTLY better.

Shizuhara

07-02-2010

If someone's afk and doesn't pick a champ, they auto-leave after the countdown.

Either that or everyone who hasn't picked a champ in the last 500 games I've played was trying to solicit a dodge.

bluntsallday

07-02-2010

IDK about that, only 2 weeks ago my premade joined queue with me AFK after I told them I was going to take a #2 and they apparently didn't see it, and I ended up with Rammus, who I never play, and had caster masteries, runes, summoner spells set up for Kassadin.