Want to "fix" Hiemer?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Librarian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroniums View Post
turrets have like 1500 hp, who would think doing 300 damage to a tower when you're out of its range is nothing?
Why are you letting him get that close? His turrets don't do much, he launches a missile and it hits creeps, after that you can kill him.

What is so hard about keeping particular champions in check?

Also, those items reflect having been superfed and, most likely, the laning phase being over.

If you see Heimerdinger appear suddenly at a tower and you let him get away with finishing a tower, that would be the fault of your team.

Any AS-based hero like Yi can do the exact same thing, Tristana lol's at your tower along with Sivir, but Heimer only has grenade + turrets (which do 50% already), both have CD.

If he really is building AP, you can kill that Heimerdinger without a problem. His healing team getting in your way with their super healing/shields? Don't blame Heimer, because w/o Soraka, Janna and whoever else everyone is mad at, he would've died.

TaigaStance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Librarian View Post
Why are you letting him get that close? His turrets don't do much, he launches a missile and it hits creeps, after that you can kill him.

What is so hard about keeping particular champions in check?

Also, those items reflect having been superfed and, most likely, the laning phase being over.

If you see Heimerdinger appear suddenly at a tower and you let him get away with finishing a tower, that would be the fault of your team.

Any AS-based hero like Yi can do the exact same thing, Tristana lol's at your tower along with Sivir, but Heimer only has grenade + turrets (which do 50% already), both have CD.

If he really is building AP, you can kill that Heimerdinger without a problem. His healing team getting in your way with their super healing/shields? Don't blame Heimer, because w/o Soraka, Janna and whoever else everyone is mad at, he would've died.
Actually bro, even at 50% Heimer's turrets wreck towers. I played Heimer before and after the patch change and hardly noticed a difference. Towers still fall like paper. I don't even take grenade early on since I prefer rockets to keep opponents at a distance.

Heimer's farming ability also makes it rather easy for him to get items.

The other thing with grenade is that Heimer can shoot them from a very safe distance. More than the tower's attack range.

Dreampod

07-02-2010

Frankly anyone who thinks that Heimer's grenades do insignificant damage to towers isn't playing against decent players.

Here is how I do it. Push lane close to tower, set up two turrets just outside range. At this point most enemies can't push back against the bunker alone or even in a pair without taking extremely serious damage and inflicting very little on me in return. If the enemy is foolish enough to just tower hug I will mulch their incoming minion waves and fling a grenade at the tower quite frequently. When my minion wave pushes up against their tower I will drop a third turret there to inflict good damage and suck up extra hits. This strategy will take down a tower in 1-2 minutes typically.

If the enemy tries to group up to force me back or kill me, I need some team support but less than they do, which leaves an ally free to push a different lanes tower or farm. If the enemy tries to push in they take a huge amount of damage from the turrets, grenade (+stun), and rockets while my team pounds them too. If my team has ranged abilities they can duck out and fire them off before retreating to safety. Basically we wear them down slowly and eventually they realise we are going to take the tower and have to attack to save it but are already weakened. If they are smart they will go all out in an assault early rather than letting our harass weaken them, but it is a virtual guarantee that they are going to lose at least 1 member to push us back without casualties, and usually 2 more than we lose if they get kills.

I love Heimer, but he is too good at taking down turrets with relatively high safety.

Anajansi

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Librarian View Post
Gee, I don't know, maybe because he's got a heal/poke team to back him up and keep you from coming out from under the tower while he grenade spams it to death in no time at all?

Quote:
Because we all know pushing ends with the laning phase. Kills win games, obviously.

Quote:
Or maybe there's just nothing you can do about him raping your tower from out of it's range without running in and getting aced, allowing them to knock down 2 more towers.

Quote:
Yeah, I forgot Yi can alpha strike turrets to death every 6 seconds without ever getting in range of the tower. Or that Tristana's clearly OP range allows her to stand in the jungle and kill your tower without ever being shot at. My bad.

Quote:
You're not going to kill him. I'm glad that you get to play with absolutely terrible playes and think this way, though. Must be fun. The reality of the situation is that he's spread out a few turrets near his team while grenade spamming your tower. You cannot come out, or he takes off running, pops his ult, and his team destroys you. You either take it or surrender. Those are your two choices.