Does anyone find the words "report" and "you" overused in games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garabidian

07-02-2010

Recently, since the report a player ordeal, I've noticed a lot of people who threat other players with reports. They make it seem worse than fate itself. I mean I've had a few situations where the game freezes up or my internet randomly cut out and when i come back in its all "you b a s t e r d! I'ma report you! Buahahhaha!" .... I mean really common. And if they do end up reporting does this mean that riot actually considers it??

I Kenshiro I

07-02-2010

zeny plz
BR?
gibu moni
heal?
i report yu! HUAHUEHUAHUEHUAHUEHUAHUE!

Edit: on a more serious and less RO nightmarish note.
Seeing how Pendragon has shown to be able to check game details, they probably ban (if they do ban people) with the right context.
So you should be safe, if you don't have anything on your conscience :P

Path0gen

07-02-2010

Instead of "You" it is more like "u"

Lazy ****s.

Pie Slice

07-02-2010

this makes reporting system completely useless, so:
1- don't bother reporting
2- don't worry about reports.

gg riot making a useless system

Hoopz Barkley

07-02-2010

Yes, people are abusing/over-using the report system. Hopefully whoever is in charge of it at Riot will have the capacity to find the legitimate claims and not ban half the userbase.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

07-02-2010

I know a lot of that is huff and puff - unfortunately. I think the game would be a better place if I/you/we all remembered to report those who truly deserved it at the end of each game.

That being said, Riot obviously knows there's going to be less-than-sincere reports coming in. They will consider EACH report, but generally in view of the overall picture. If one player gets a really nasty report saying he did all kinds of terrible things - but that's the ONLY report he's ever received, I doubt they'd do anything more than a warning, if anything at all.

On the other hand, if they have 40 reports on one guy from dozens of unique players for slightly lesser offenses, like leaving and low-flame namecalling, they might be more inclined to take action since they can be more sure of the veritability of the reports.

TL;DR: Riot does care about every report they receive. Your best bet is to play scrupulously. It's rare that they'll punish the innocent, and if you do I'm sure you can e-mail them a clarifying message.

Belian

07-02-2010

I have been wondering the same thing myself.

My bet is that they use a system where the player gets auto banned after X reports. Auto ban or at least the guys on top are notified about the villain.

I just hope they do not really receive a mail each time a report is issued, cause if they do, they're going to have to buy an additionnal server for the sake of handling reports (and that could have a negative impact on skins price).

Collect3825

07-02-2010

I think their more interested in banning people that are intentionally ruining the game experience for the other players. Like the people attempting to make you queue dodge rolling a clarity/revive Mundo and running into towers.

Enki the Mad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

There has just been a general degradation of the community over the past couple months.

Singularity42

07-02-2010

i am a programmer myself. and if i were to build the reporting system, i would make it send chat logs from the game. so i assume they probably did the same thing.

also (as jozrael said) they probably keep a tally of reports and only look at the people with the highest amount of reports.