Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Conclusion to Poppy: She's the only champ who deals the 'burst' damage in game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enabler

07-02-2010

Since Veigar got nerfed.

Some people thinks Poppy is not viable in competitive/high level play... but she is.

Her laning is completely up to her lanemate and enemy laners. Poor farming? L2 Last hit and use abilties. Yes, she got no AoE skills, but that doesn't mean she's poor farmer, but poor pusher/anti-pusher.

Let's say you have Alistar/Sion/Taric or whatever stunner. Free farming/hero kill guaranteed. At least free farming is granted.

But if you have a lanemate of poor combination(For instance, Janna+Pantheon rocks, but Jannah+Poppy doesn't) or of just poor laning ability, it gets not easy.

Anyway, after all, you'll get DFG+Merc+anything around 15 min. And you teammates didn't get owned too much, now it's her time to dominate in teamfights.

Her ganking ability is not bad since she can tower-dive. Tho I prefer farming till DFG than roaming around. It depends on each aspect of a game, acutally.

Her ultimate increases Ignite and DFG by 20/30/40%.

When a teamfight starts, poppy ghost or flash(I prefer ghost) in and use ulti on enemy carry(i.e. twitch) or sometimes key-hero(which might be their tank), and DFG+charge+deva+ignite. And the damage is amplified by 20/30/40%.

Unless there's Soraka, the target is pretty much dead. now what? It's 4v5, and they lost their carry in 2~3 seconds.

It's Poppy's role. 'Deleting' enemy key-champ in 2 seconds.

So in this case, we can say Poppy is pretty much a carry, and also a enemy-carry-counter.

So, overall, her laning phase is quite situational, ganking abilty is good, and she's great in teamfights. So, she's one of decent champs, not top-tier, but viable.

But when it comes to t3h BURST DAMAGE which Riot devs hate, she's doing insane 'burst' dmg.

Ult+DFG literally divides the target's HP by 2. and upcoming charge+deva+ignite makes him/her dead or almost dead.

And as we look on Veigar, whose ult got nerfed because of its 'BURST' damage, it makes me worry that Riot could nerf Poppy.

Anyway, I'll be happy even if they nerf her burst damage, in case if they FIX THE GOD **** CHARGE BUGS.

Worstcase

07-02-2010

Aren't you the guy who was saying that Pantheon was worse then Poppy in a big post of nonsense?

BlackDestruction

Recruiter

07-02-2010

is this make enough poppy threads she gets nerfed week or something?

Lightsaga

07-02-2010

Poppy is ok. Nothing more, nothing else. she does her job just right. stfu

Enabler

07-02-2010

Quote:
Worstcase:
Aren't you the guy who was saying that Pantheon was worse then Poppy in a big post of nonsense?

Eh, I didn't.

Anyway, Pan is one of top laner/ganker, but he still relies on early ganks.

And the roles of Poppy's and Pan's are different. I mean, they're different champs.

Enabler

07-02-2010

Quote:
BlackDestruction:
is this make enough poppy threads she gets nerfed week or something?

I want Poppy's old Q damage back :P sweet 180 dmg at lvl 5.

Zidane

Recruiter

07-02-2010

Annie would like to have a word with you.

got321321

07-02-2010

Quote:
Enabler:

When a teamfight starts, poppy ghost or flash(I prefer ghost) in and use ulti on enemy carry(i.e. twitch) or sometimes key-hero(which might be their tank), and DFG+charge+deva+ignite. And the damage is amplified by 20/30/40%.

Unless there's Soraka, the target is pretty much dead. now what? It's 4v5, and they lost their carry in 2~3 seconds.

It's Poppy's role. 'Deleting' enemy key-champ in 2 seconds.

lolol you cant ulti someone who have banshee.
lolol if the target have guardian angel you risk your life for nothing
lolol if the target press the button for zonya ring, you'll turn around in your base.

TROLOLO I HAVE BETTER BURST ITS CALLED MALPHITE. HE HAS 70% DAMAGE BONUS.
WITH 6BLOODTHIRSTER (750DAMAGE BASE FTW) + CRITICAL DAMAGE RUNE AND A POTION FOR CRIT. MALPHITE CRIT FOR 750*3=2250. YES 2250 DAMAGE EACH HIT. AND WITHOUT HIS SKILL !! IF HE ACTIVE HIS SKILL HE GET 2250*1.7=3825DAMAGE PER HIT TROLOLOL 3825 !!!!

AND IF AN ALLY HAVE BLACK CLEAVER+CORKI+NASUS FOR THE DESTACKING ARMOR. YOU CAN HIT :

8000DAMAGE ON 1 HIT. I TESTED WITH MY TEAM 3 MONTH AGO.YOU WANT PROVE OF THE SCREEN ? OR YOU DONT TRUST IN MATH ?

downvote me because i'm galilei galileo.

Enabler

07-02-2010

Quote:
got321321:
lolol you cant ulti someone who have banshee.
lolol if the target have guardian angel you risk your life for nothing
lolol if the target press the button for zonya ring, you'll turn around in your base.

TROLOLO I HAVE BETTER BURST ITS CALLED MALPHITE. HE HAS 70% DAMAGE BONUS.
WITH 6BLOODTHIRSTER (750DAMAGE BASE FTW) + CRITICAL DAMAGE RUNE AND A POTION FOR CRIT. MALPHITE CRIT FOR 750*3=2250. YES 2250 DAMAGE EACH HIT. AND WITHOUT HIS SKILL !! IF HE ACTIVE HIS SKILL HE GET 2250*1.7=3825DAMAGE PER HIT TROLOLOL 3825 !!!!

AND IF AN ALLY HAVE BLACK CLEAVER+CORKI+NASUS FOR THE DESTACKING ARMOR. YOU CAN HIT :

8000DAMAGE ON 1 HIT. I TESTED WITH MY TEAM 3 MONTH AGO.YOU WANT PROVE OF THE SCREEN ? OR YOU DONT TRUST IN MATH ?

downvote me because i'm galilei galileo.

Hmm, yeah, bad trolling with no humour.

But it comes to mind that you didn't understand what I wrote. DFG poppy is quite viable build, even in high level play. And I play DFG poppy everytime I play her.

Path0gen

07-02-2010

Thanks for making me login OP. Just to downrate you.