Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Phreak

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etyn

Recruiter

07-02-2010

Pantheon was not working as intended. (HSS)

That is a far cry from being OP and nerfed because of it.

TMK Pant is getting a rework.

Larias

Adjudicator

07-02-2010

Quote:
Reppuken:
RiotLaura
0/0/0 Masteries
0/90 XP
Level 1
Won: 0

Dah?

Internal games?

Dah?

ICE Gang Golex

Recruiter

07-02-2010

Quote:
Phreak:
As Laura stated, Corki is awesome.

And a lot of them didn't get nerfed!

Only because alot of the new champions aren't considered high tiered.

The major ones you covered were

Shen
Ezreal (although this was because of the poking meta)
Hiemer (this weeks MUST NERF)
Pantheon (but that was because he was a bug)

Quote:
Anivia, Pantheon, nor Sivir

Most of the newer champions are considered not that great.

Kennen
Anivia (only because there aren't that many good players with her)
Garen
Udyr
Malz

I won't add Kog'Maw since the community is either saying he's OP or UP.

Sivir is the exception but she's more of a support and team oriented champion, which most of the QQers rather not play. Of course not everyone who complains falls under this, but a plentiful amount do.

I'm not saying to stop your spotlight or anything, because they're very helpful and I seriously love them to death. (Without several of yours I would have never picked up Udyr, Sivir, and Olaf) But can you stray from easier to use champions? Instead why not stick to new champions and those that are often deemed UP?

It's well known that plenty of people have been angry at the TF nerf and claim that's he's unplayable? You're Champion Spotlight was terrific for appealing me away from the TF QQ. If anything your spotlight would do alot of good to stray champion away from the general UP QQ.

ThePipper

07-02-2010

Quote:
Zulunko:
TF is considered fairly UP by the community, and Phreak did a spotlight on him, so....

he got a huge nerf a few patches ago...

Dzung

Recruiter

07-02-2010

can you do a spotlight on master yi? i want to learn how to right-click

Reivur

07-02-2010

Quote:
Phreak:
As Laura stated, Corki is awesome.

And a lot of them didn't get nerfed!

Well on the off chance since you did peek here some constructive feedback on your spotlights:

The content can be hit and miss, but the one thing I think is hurting the community in-game after a spotlight and makes it feel silly is how you say what summoner spells you choose. It feels like it'd be better if you showed multiple good summoner spells and when you show two game transitions you show two different summoner spell layouts. The fiasco where all Malzahar's rolled ignite/ghost was painful to watch because the ones who picked cleanse won from all the mirror matches and they were few as most of them would copypasta the entire build.

The skill orders are often good enough suggestions until they feel more confident as are the rune ideas. (The Akali one you pointed out for runes in particular was actually creative and was something that only applied to her.) But there are just some things that they should consider or think about, and I think most just pick the summoner spells because Phreak/you did and no other reason. It makes them really easy pickings to telegraph.

MrFreddy

07-02-2010

Quote:
Reivur:
Well on the off chance since you did peek here some constructive feedback on your spotlights:

The content can be hit and miss, but the one thing I think is hurting the community in-game after a spotlight and makes it feel silly is how you say what summoner spells you choose. It feels like it'd be better if you showed multiple good summoner spells and when you show two game transitions you show two different summoner spell layouts. The fiasco where all Malzahar's rolled ignite/ghost was painful to watch because the ones who picked cleanse won from all the mirror matches and they were few as most of them would copypasta the entire build.

The skill orders are often good enough suggestions until they feel more confident as are the rune ideas. (The Akali one you pointed out for runes in particular was actually creative and was something that only applied to her.) But there are just some things that they should consider or think about, and I think most just pick the summoner spells because Phreak/you did and no other reason. It makes them really easy pickings to telegraph.

Imo, it's almost impossible to play mal without ignite/ghost. He absolutely needs both the movespeed for running and closing, as well as the extra damage. Just wanted to make the point that he plays a certain way for a reason.