I just noticed that I am a beta tester of WoW:C

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grikshanks

07-02-2010

go run some vanilla wow dungeons, imagine what those will be like when they change some numbers to make the mobs level 110 or whatever the hell its going to be now, play LoL.

Riot Jaya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior QA Analyst

07-02-2010

I foresee WoW going to microtransactions.. Tehy already made $$ off of a sparkly horse mount.

Draktok

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyrock View Post
It's repetitive, it's poorly managed, it has a godawful community, It's pay to play and designed to make you play rediculous amounts of times, it's based more on grinding than gameplay, etc etc etc. I could go on and on, but I've covered most of the major issues there. Popularity has NOTHING to do with quality.
The repetitive part would be near the end of the game, when there isn't much to do but grind for gear. I can agree that it's alot of grinding ( note, I do not play the game anymore myself ) I never trolled their forums but in game the community was fine to me. It would depend on server for that.

Again grinding at 70 ( 80 ) for gear is correct - depends on what you are into at 80 as well. Play ridiculous amount of times? By that you mean every day you have to play to get somewhere in the game? Well sure, that's the idea of an RPG. Pay to play - if you are actually butthurt about 15 dollars then I don't know what to tell you.

I personally liked to level my characters to 80 a lot, and never ( for the most part ) leveled in the same area. It wasn't repetitive, and was a neat little adventure leveling through the zones with my characters. That's what I imagine most people like about the game - the adventures they have with the character. Which is the idea, of course. If you are not into this, then yeah you might think it's bad quality, but over all I thought it was pretty good - as 11million other people do. However I'm perfectly aware that there is likely double that who don't like the game, that's your opinion too ofcourse.

TehRichard

07-02-2010

I'm not even going to post anything defending WoW. Ignorant people are ignorant and they wouldn't listen anyway.

@OP: I would definitely play LoL while your friends are online/willing to play, and then switch to the Cata beta when people are off doing other things.

Joyrock

07-02-2010

"The repetitive part would be near the end of the game,"
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tewnam

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisstie View Post
I foresee WoW going to microtransactions.. Tehy already made $$ off of a sparkly horse mount.
Probably not with the amount of subscriptions they have. The money they made off the Celestial Steed is a drop in the pond compared to what they make from subscriptions.

Crayon Puppet

07-02-2010

Quote:
Popularity=/=quality
Lady Gaga Approves this messa....oh wait

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enabler View Post
There goes my weekend.

But I still wanna play LoL too.

How can I enjoy LoL and WoW:C beta at the same time?

Discuss.
Give the Account to me, and then you can enjoy me telling you about it!

Draktok

07-02-2010

Quote:
"The repetitive part would be near the end of the game,"
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Repetitive in everyone's own eyes of course. While I enjoyed battle grounds and raiding dungeons, i'm sure you may consider that repetitive. Which would lead me to ask what keeps you playing this game at all.

Dracorya

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by budd View Post
It was quite popular to persecute Jews during WWII in Germany, so i guess there was some good behind that right? Sigh.

Correlation =/= Causation
-1 for comparing WoW players to Nazis and their supporters. Worse example ever.