Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Unlocking the hidden Spectator mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oruu

07-02-2010

Just discovered this exploit recently, I'm surprised that no one found it earlier. However, it works the best with those who have Comcast as an ISP. It's a pretty simple process too:

1. Set up your internet as you would normally.
2. Queue and connect to a game as you would normally too.

And that's it! You're now in spectator mode. You won't be able to interact with anything but you'll be able to watch the game in progress.

Why does my internet hate me? WHYYY?

Kietsu

07-02-2010

Comcast is the worst ISP in the United States.
In fact, they are constantly involved in politics to make the internet worse.

Asuka Hanachi

07-02-2010

At first I was like, oo really, then I was like oh, a Comcast bashing thread. Funny though.

Sailor Moon

07-02-2010

haha one of my friends has this problem. i am greatly amused ==b

Cleo

Recruiter

07-02-2010

Verizon DSL is worse. loLOlolOLolo

Ragmu

07-02-2010

Quote:
Figgots:
Verizon DSL is worse. loLOlolOLolo

oh i beg to differ my friend. I have verizon DSL, in the middle of nowhere, and i am normally running fine, occasional hickups, but Comcast is far and above the worst provider of high speed internet in the US currently. From their issues with WoW to even their issues with LoL that seem to be popping up. Every other internet based program (Browsers, IM's, Vent) to name a few, work fine, however random game disconnects the most inopportune times has to be annoying, i know a couple people who have it and they rage pretty consistantly

Verche

07-02-2010

Quote:
oruu:
Just discovered this exploit recently, I'm surprised that no one found it earlier. However, it works the best with those who have Comcast as an ISP. It's a pretty simple process too:

1. Set up your internet as you would normally.
2. Queue and connect to a game as you would normally too.

And that's it! You're now in spectator mode. You won't be able to interact with anything but you'll be able to watch the game in progress.

Why does my internet hate me? WHYYY?

I use comcast as an ISP and my internet works just fine....

ImTheFool

07-02-2010

I have Charter, and this sounds like me, too. D:

Enfillyon

07-02-2010

i didnt know what comcast was until i opened this thread so it took a while for me to get the joke, but that was pretty good

Riot Jaya

Senior QA Analyst

07-02-2010

All of my 13 or so game leavings have been due to this. 10% packet loss and comcast wouldn't admit it was their problem. I've since moved and while still using them since its sadly the better option where I now live, i have proof it was their crappy lines since theres 0% packet loss over time where I am now. whee