Bit Defender Antivirus Blocking LOL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wickedsunny

07-02-2010

I am using bitdefender antivirus from last 4 months, Lol was working properly.

Suddenly some error occurred in the antivirus and I had to reinstall a newer version.

Now every time I login into LOL, the whole gui is white, I cannot click on store buttons etc, only i can start the game.

the game starts after lot of delay in loading time.

in game the fps gets stuck to 3-4 fps whole game, lagging continuously.

Obviously antivirus and firewall is blocking something. as I checked this by uninstalling bitdefender. Once uninstalled LOL works fine.

I have given permission to firewall for all exes of LOL.

But thats not helping, even game mode doesn't help.

Did anyone else had similar problem?

Can you guys tell me what other windows file or port LOL uses so that I can see if thats is getting blocked to cause this lag..

any help will be appreciated.

Sunny

www.wickedsunny.com

wickedsunny

07-02-2010

Ok I manged to remove the white screen problem by going to the antivirus exception list and allowing all the three main exes of lol, in main folder, game folder and air folder.

Its the antivirus blocking it and not the firewall, now trying to see if game lags or not.

If LOL ever gets infected I will be doomed.

wickedsunny

07-02-2010

Ok Still lagging.

fps never goes over 10 even once, it rotates between 5-9 fps.

when fighting it falls to 4 fps. Impossible to play even with bots at that fps.

Help pls

wickedsunny

07-02-2010

Heres a problem thread on bit defender forum, they do have trouble with games and we should add lol to the list of games too.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.p...hl=games&st=20

wickedsunny

07-03-2010

The only solution is to disable the active virus control in the advanced setting of the anti virus while playing, and switch it on later.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

07-03-2010

What you are experiencing is a combination of bitdefender scanning the packets, which you resolved, but the FPS sounds like a lack of system resources.

I personally use Avast Home, it has never caused an issue with any game and it even has a Game Mode that disables active scanning of game packets. www.avast.com

wickedsunny

07-03-2010

Yes my laptop is old but then I was playing LOL from last 4 months without any problem.

Bitdefender firewall is the best, I have used every other antivirus there are and they all suck, including avast. Few viruses can easily disable avast. Happened to me twice.