Ive always wondered about this...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hostile

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2011

Ive always wondered since ive ever started playing 3vs3 and was a noob that in low elo they have 1 top, 2 bot, wouldnt it make sense to have 2 top and 1 bot? that way you could control dragon more, and get clear the jungle creeps easier with 2people? and seems it would be alot harder to gank solo bot then solo top cause of the layout, atlest to me it does.

Koldheartedjsp

11-26-2011

yes thats what it should be. retarded people do 2 bot 1 top but the problem is even if someone in a game is smart enough to want to do that it's very hard to get others to do it sometimes and you get called a ******. This happens alot when you get those people that lock in and call top

Hostile

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2011

Quote:
yes thats what it should be. retarded people do 2 bot 1 top but the problem is even if someone in a game is smart enough to want to do that it's very hard to get others to do it sometimes and you get called a ******. This happens alot when you get those people that lock in and call top
I hate the people like that, that autolock and say top, expecially when they suck and cause you to lose the game cause of it. And theres no reasioning with people like that most of the time even if they die many times they refuse to switch with someone, for some unkown reason.

Sam

11-26-2011

Get a jungler, solo top, solo bot. solves everything. if your team isn't going to jungle (75% of the time) go jungle .

Slappy The Goose

11-26-2011

I never thought of that! Good thinking!

Hostile

11-26-2011

Quote:
Get a jungler, solo top, solo bot. solves everything. if your team isn't going to jungle (75% of the time) go jungle .
you misunderstood, i understand this is the best setup atm, i was just asking a question of why low elo games always go 1 top and 2 bot. but the more im thinking of this setup of 2 top 1 bot you wouldnt really need a jungler. if 2 top you could clear the top jungle easily eleminating the need for a jungler, cause you would both be getting the exp from the jungle creeps. idk maybe this idea just sounds better on paper then it does in game, ill have to test it.

Quote:
I never thought of that! Good thinking!
haha it just randomly poped into my mind when i was helping my friend get into the game and always thought it was a pain to get the 2 bot people up to dragon when i wanted to get it fast. so i was like jeez why dont they just have 2 top and then dragon would be easier to control and kill if needed.

Romram

11-27-2011

The best strategy that I've seen so far is have an AP at bot, bruiser/ tanky dps top and have a jungler. If you are going against this strategy and you don't have a jungler in your team then the best counter would be two top and one bot. You usually get a ward and you ward the opposite side of your buff so you can see when the jungler is doing their buff and you attack and kill them.

The reason you want AP bot is because they have range and burst and sometimes the best escape if they get gank so if the other team still puts two at bot then you can still farm and be out of range of ganks. At the same time you want your bruiser on top so he can help snatch the dragon ASAP.

DeutschMaster

11-27-2011

While I think having a jungler in 3's in necessary I will give you my two cents as to why it's typically 1 top 2 bot, provided you don't have a jungler.

Bottom lane is typically not payed too much attention. There is nothing there. two towers, two small camps, and in the middle red buff. If you have two top 1 bot this is what can happen.

Scenario: 1 person leaves from top to gank bottom. It's now a 2v1, in that 2v1 the enemy team is free to farm the top jungle kill your now solo champion, take dragon, or push your tower. If they push that tower they will almost definitely have dragon control. If they kill that champion they will definitely push. If they take dragon they are now up 900 gold on your team. These are all things you don't want.

As you can see, having that many people in top lane early game can have really bad collateral damage.

the 2 up 1 down strategy makes sense on paper, but it would require a lot more than 3 people doing it every game for it to become the meta.

Having 1 top, 1 bot, and 1 in the jungle however is acceptable, because it allows all the advantages of having two top with almost none of the wreckage.

Hostile

11-27-2011

Quote:
Scenario: 1 person leaves from top to gank bottom. It's now a 2v1, in that 2v1 the enemy team is free to farm the top jungle kill your now solo champion, take dragon, or push your tower. If they push that tower they will almost definitely have dragon control. If they kill that champion they will definitely push. If they take dragon they are now up 900 gold on your team. These are all things you don't want.
i both agree and disagree with this, in my experience if the top player gets ganked in the regular accepted play and gets killed they go straight to dragon/jungle anyways (atleast any decent team does) if taking down the turrent isnt a option. so dying in 3vs3 is harsh no matter the cause. and just like in any game mode you need to learn when to play defensively and when to play agressively, this is towards the player that would be 2vs1 top lane when the other trys and ganks bottom.

This is what i think the key in this play style would be smite. if both top players had a smite, it would destroy any jungler player on the opposite team. think about it, again this may sound better on pen and paper but it seems like a really decent way to play. because if you smited the jungle you would force the jungler to lane, because face it they just wouldnt be getting exp if you clear the jungle lower the risk of early ganks on the solo lane player.

deathtree

Recruiter

11-27-2011

person up top should be pushing and then either jungling while top pushes back, or going down for a gank

problem is bottom is just an easier place to gank, so if u have ur solo there, chances are they will feed to a good team