Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Myth: OP Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SavageMinnow

07-02-2010

I was clearly being sarcastic about mord, I was just pointing out that he met most of the criteria.

In general, OP has more to do with champion combination that single characters. This is why I was mostly opposed to Ashe and Shaco nerfs - both of them were powerful in their own right, but Shaco combos with nothing, really. Ashe on the other hand, was relying on an understood OP setup involving heal-stacking, which made her not the problem.

The heal-stacking combination is still in full swing, although RIOT is definitely making progress on it.

Broken94

07-02-2010

Quote:
slokid:
In theory, and Ezreal is not even close to OP. Being completely skill shot based, he shots are easily avoidable, and even if they land they don't do much damage. Ezreal strives on consecutive skill shots, if you can't avoid them that is your problem.

So its my problem when he is able to hit me from outside tower range even though im moving around and attempting to avoid his skillshots? You make it sound like its hard to hit with them but take 5-10 games and it becomes easy, natural lets say to be able to anticipate peoples movements. He has very high survivability rate because of blink not to mention the fact that he is probably the best hero at backing out of a fight almost dead and staying on the fringe while still dealing nearly as much damage as he would in the middle of the fight.

Not saying he is Op by the way but also not saying he isnt.

Epicaznlol12

07-02-2010

Ashe

Kayle

Pantheon

Prove me wrong.

Yuralz

07-02-2010

There aren't really any champions in the game currently that I would call overpowered. Ez, Ashe, Panth, Amumu, Janna, Annie and others are all really strong, but not to the point that if you don't have them on your team and the other team does you lose.

DREADSTEAD

07-02-2010

Quote:
slokid:
I agree that Twitch can do massive amounts of damage, but if your team isnt focusing twitch when he appears that is your problem. Twitch can stealth, but it has a CD, if he comes out to attack he has no way to escape, and being as squishy as he is, its free gold

but if he has lifesteal, he gains mass amounts hp

Firellius

07-02-2010

Quote:
slokid:
I agree that Twitch can do massive amounts of damage, but if your team isnt focusing twitch when he appears that is your problem. Twitch can stealth, but it has a CD, if he comes out to attack he has no way to escape, and being as squishy as he is, its free gold

I am assuming that the 2 or 3 on 1s he's referring to is actually Twitch plus 1 or 2 allies versus one. Because then Twitch can be annoying.

Otherwise, even Malzahar's ult is a threat to him.

deathtoDamaker

07-02-2010

Quote:
VMan7:
They must also have:

>1000 starting hp
>Have a base damage of 100 or greater
>Have at least 20 hp/5 OR 20 mp/5 at level 1 without runes

Olaf?

blueytools

07-02-2010

Quote:
DREADSTEAD:
twitch is by far op.. seriously he has stealth, once broken it gives him like 70% attack speed PLUS his ulti, which at rank 5 i believe gives 100% attack speed PLUS items with like 120% attack speed PLUS 30%
life steal = seriously OP.

Right... an ultimate that guys to rank 5, you have lost me.

SunKyu

07-02-2010

Quote:
DREADSTEAD:
Since ive played League of Legends, ive played multiple champions and versed multiple others, and i can't say im an expert on the champions of which i choose to play, but each time i do play and a player in my game, has chosen Twitch, they always happen to have a positive score, so because Twitch is available to use this week for free, i thought i would use him and experience his true OP'ness, some may agree, some may disagree, this is not a debate but a personal opinion from me, as i said in my earlier reply

"Twitch is the most OP champion in my personal opinion and the reason for that is this:

Ambush
Ambush is an abilitie which is a favourite for players of twitch, because it grants stealth for 20/30/40/50/60 seconds and once the stealth is broken, it grants 30/45/60/80/100% attack speed and 100% attack speed is a lot.

Deadly Venom
This skill deals damage per second for 8 seconds, and is applied once per hit, and has a maximum stack limit of 6.
6 stacks can be applied in roughly 2 seconds once twitch is level 18 and his skills are maxed out.

Spray and Pray - Ulti
Twitch gains 40/60/80% attack speed and his attacks become long range line missiles for 7 seconds, dealing 100% damage and poisoning all enemies hit."

Thats 180% attack speed PLUS items, = 300% PLUS lifesteal = you pwn in 1v1 or even 2/3v1

So you get ASPD items every though you are already about 2.0 ASPD. Are you stupid or what? So what if twitch 'pwn', does it make up for the fact that if I bothered to get +300% ASPD (which is already more than the cap), I wouldn't have items to survive, therefore a single stun can bring me down easy.

Also, dodge and thornmail.

RyuuKitten

07-02-2010

Quote:
slokid:

This is terrible logic by the way. Stealth (and the short range of oracles) allows twitch to position himself in the best possible way, you might force you way over to him but he's got 4 teammates preventing that while he rains death on your team.

I think he's fine now, but that doesn't mean he's as weak as you make him sound.

That said, you can name counters to every champion - that does not make them balanced. For instance, a skill with a 5 second cast that kills someone is not balanced, regardless of the fact that any sort of CC will prevent it.