Myth: OP Champions

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Broken94

Senior Member

07-02-2010

Ezreal? o.O


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LilDrood

Senior Member

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokid View Post
Maybe I was a setting the bar too high, lets try this then,

You name an "OP" character and i will list the reasons why they arent
In theory or practice? Cus I'm expecting it to be theory.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GeminiTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokid View Post
Maybe I was a setting the bar too high, lets try this then,

You name an "OP" character and i will list the reasons why they arent
Sounds fun, but it's just as easy to do it the other way. You could name a champion, and I could tell you why it is Op, even if I don't actually believe it. But I'll indulge you if you indulge me, lemme pull up my champion list and pick a good one.

Hmmmm, let's start with Cho'Gath. That should be easy for you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SavageMinnow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-02-2010

Mord has the last 4 out of those 6. That's most.

MORD'S OP NERF HIM ARGGHHHH.

But seriously, yes, there are OP champions. There always will be OP champions, because the only way to make them all absolutely equal is to make them all the same. New ideas and strategies will come out and eventually one will always be the best, with only one or two specific counters to it that only defeat it because of a gimmick. That's the nature of the game. The constant nerfs and buffs really only serve to make the player base scramble to find the new best combo until the next change renders it obsolete.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waluigi

Member

07-02-2010

In theory, and Ezreal is not even close to OP. Being completely skill shot based, he shots are easily avoidable, and even if they land they don't do much damage. Ezreal strives on consecutive skill shots, if you can't avoid them that is your problem.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luciferian

Senior Member

07-02-2010

Kassadin.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DREADSTEAD

Member

07-02-2010

Since ive played League of Legends, ive played multiple champions and versed multiple others, and i can't say im an expert on the champions of which i choose to play, but each time i do play and a player in my game, has chosen Twitch, they always happen to have a positive score, so because Twitch is available to use this week for free, i thought i would use him and experience his true OP'ness, some may agree, some may disagree, this is not a debate but a personal opinion from me, as i said in my earlier reply

"Twitch is the most OP champion in my personal opinion and the reason for that is this:

Ambush
Ambush is an abilitie which is a favourite for players of twitch, because it grants stealth for 20/30/40/50/60 seconds and once the stealth is broken, it grants 30/45/60/80/100% attack speed and 100% attack speed is a lot.

Deadly Venom
This skill deals damage per second for 8 seconds, and is applied once per hit, and has a maximum stack limit of 6.
6 stacks can be applied in roughly 2 seconds once twitch is level 18 and his skills are maxed out.

Spray and Pray - Ulti
Twitch gains 40/60/80% attack speed and his attacks become long range line missiles for 7 seconds, dealing 100% damage and poisoning all enemies hit."

Thats 180% attack speed PLUS items, = 300% PLUS lifesteal = you pwn in 1v1 or even 2/3v1


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waluigi

Member

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiTroll View Post
Sounds fun, but it's just as easy to do it the other way. You could name a champion, and I could tell you why it is Op, even if I don't actually believe it. But I'll indulge you if you indulge me, lemme pull up my champion list and pick a good one.

Hmmmm, let's start with Cho'Gath. That should be easy for you.
Sounds like fun.. servers are done, why not.

Cho'Gath:

Avoidable CC
little defense against DPS champs (no including thornmail, this is a champ OP list not item)
Loss of feast stacks on death, (harder to overcome from an ace when u are weaker than when u lost the first time)
Not mana efficient

Morde

No CC
Low late game damage
cleansable ult


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Firellius

Senior Member

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadstead View Post
(...) plus his ulti, which at rank 5 i believe gives 100% attack speed (...)
loltroll!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waluigi

Member

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREADSTEAD View Post
Since ive played League of Legends, ive played multiple champions and versed multiple others, and i can't say im an expert on the champions of which i choose to play, but each time i do play and a player in my game, has chosen Twitch, they always happen to have a positive score, so because Twitch is available to use this week for free, i thought i would use him and experience his true OP'ness, some may agree, some may disagree, this is not a debate but a personal opinion from me, as i said in my earlier reply

"Twitch is the most OP champion in my personal opinion and the reason for that is this:

Ambush
Ambush is an abilitie which is a favourite for players of twitch, because it grants stealth for 20/30/40/50/60 seconds and once the stealth is broken, it grants 30/45/60/80/100% attack speed and 100% attack speed is a lot.

Deadly Venom
This skill deals damage per second for 8 seconds, and is applied once per hit, and has a maximum stack limit of 6.
6 stacks can be applied in roughly 2 seconds once twitch is level 18 and his skills are maxed out.

Spray and Pray - Ulti
Twitch gains 40/60/80% attack speed and his attacks become long range line missiles for 7 seconds, dealing 100% damage and poisoning all enemies hit."

Thats 180% attack speed PLUS items, = 300% PLUS lifesteal = you pwn in 1v1 or even 2/3v1
I agree that Twitch can do massive amounts of damage, but if your team isnt focusing twitch when he appears that is your problem. Twitch can stealth, but it has a CD, if he comes out to attack he has no way to escape, and being as squishy as he is, its free gold

kassadin

Relies on force pulse thus has a disadvantage against dps if they are smart
Insane mana consumption in team fights
no armor/resist


123456 ... 9