Myth: OP Champions

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waluigi

07-02-2010

I am actually curious if anyone can prove me wrong. (Meaning actual facts)

I don't believe there are ANY overpowered champions at this point, there are just EASY champions.

In order to prove me wrong the champion must have most/all of the following:

>Be consistently capable to kill any champion 1v1 throughout the game
>Capable of killing enemies in series
>Resource efficient harassing
>Have defense/counter against harass/gank
>High survivability
>Unstoppable lane pushing

JohnnyW

07-02-2010

Your first criterion will never be met by any champion, therefore your criteria are a very poor definition for what is OP.

There are OP champions, but none will fit your definition = your definition fails.

VMan7

07-02-2010

They must also have:

>1000 starting hp
>Have a base damage of 100 or greater
>Have at least 20 hp/5 OR 20 mp/5 at level 1 without runes

Also, the answer to your thread seriously is Gragas (not that he's OP, but that he can do most of those. Also Pantheon).

Qlio

07-02-2010

there are non, but there are, as admins say, unbalanced and unfair champions.
then i was nub i thought there are so many OP champions, but now i really dont see any OP anymore.
I play with team all the time, not alone, so i dont look too much into soloing someone with some champion.

Alpengeist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyw4life View Post
Your first criterion will never be met by any champion, therefore your criteria are a very poor definition for what is OP.

There are OP champions, but none will fit your definition = your definition fails.
Yup.

phillyzombie

07-02-2010

jax...nuff said

GeminiTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

You can't "prove" balance because everything is situational and very opinionated. Some champions are great all around, and some have very specialized roles. Some do better in 1v1, some better in groups. Some are great against certain group of X champions while weaker against group of Y champions. Seeing as no two LoL games are alike, you can't prove anything. OP/UP is not fact or fiction, it's opinion based on unique experiences and all sorts of data no one but Riot has.

Also, your criteria for OP is something I might label "preposterously overpowered." Nothing should be able to 1v1 every single champ all the time, or be "unstoppable" in anything, let alone possessing ALL of those traits. You lay out criteria that not only can't be proven (see above), but is an extremely high standard. Clearly we have different definitions of OP.

DREADSTEAD

07-02-2010

twitch is by far op.. seriously he has stealth, once broken it gives him like 70% attack speed PLUS his ulti, which at rank 5 i believe gives 100% attack speed PLUS items with like 120% attack speed PLUS 30%
life steal = seriously OP.

viriondDota

07-02-2010

OP champs are due to blind pick...there are lots of OP heroes in DOTA but you can always counter them unless arnp

Waluigi

07-02-2010

Maybe I was a setting the bar too high, lets try this then,

You name an "OP" character and i will list the reasons why they arent

12345 ... 9