Queue dodging: Add an AFK check and kick system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bluntsallday

07-02-2010

The most legitimate reason to queue dodge is simple. AFK players. 99% of my queue dodges come from AFK players not picking a champ. Now, if this were DotA I would be perfectly fine with someone picking a random champ, because you don't have masteries, summoner spells, or runes to worry about. However, if someone is AFK at select and ends up with a random, chances are his runes, masteries, and summoner spells will put them at a severe disadvantage. Sure, it's possible to win still, but why would you take that chance? Add and AFK check, where if a player is AFK before a game starts, THEY are given the queue dodge penalty, rather than the players who are actually trying to play the game.

Kick vote. If someone picks Tryndamere with Clarity, I should have the option to kick them. No one should get a penalty for this, but if someone is purposefully picking summoner spells that are useless for their champ(such as Clarity on a champ that doesn't use mana) I shouldn't have to play with them. People ALWAYS do this when they want to queue dodge without getting a penalty, forcing a different player to dodge them rather than having to dodge themselves. Give a kick vote option, where you can kick the player in question and get a teammate that isn't a jacka**.

These two things alone would make matchmaking SIGNIFICANTLY better.

Shizuhara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

If someone's afk and doesn't pick a champ, they auto-leave after the countdown.

Either that or everyone who hasn't picked a champ in the last 500 games I've played was trying to solicit a dodge.

bluntsallday

07-02-2010

IDK about that, only 2 weeks ago my premade joined queue with me AFK after I told them I was going to take a #2 and they apparently didn't see it, and I ended up with Rammus, who I never play, and had caster masteries, runes, summoner spells set up for Kassadin.