I need some help w/ Veigar.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

obsidiankatana

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilikken View Post
Do you still not believe me that i can easily get 1000+ AP?
Cool blank item rack, bro.

Redenbacher

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampZero View Post
Also always drop a dark matter and a stun on top of an enemy pantheon ulti, before he even lands. He usually just dies instantly
I want to play Viegar more just to do this.

On topic:
Do you usually drop Dark Mattter first, and then hit them with Event Horizon, or vice versa? I find that Event Horizon's stun runs out before Dark Matter hits the ground, and they often get away.

Also with Deathfire Grasp... I know this is great for any burst caster - but it's range is not spectacular, and I find using often puts me in range of certain death. Should this item be skipped until one can properly time the burst of his first 4 skills?

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2010

Quote:
Also always drop a dark matter and a stun on top of an enemy pantheon ulti, before he even lands. He usually just dies instantly
Or tf. Before he got heavily nerfed, i was on 2 bars and tf decided to drop by and get WTFPWNED with my mega hadouken
^ Sometimes. Usually vice versa(mid-lategame)
With DFG use it in between the time the dark matter falls

SwampZero

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
I want to play Viegar more just to do this.

On topic:
Do you usually drop Dark Mattter first, and then hit them with Event Horizon, or vice versa? I find that Event Horizon's stun runs out before Dark Matter hits the ground, and they often get away.

Also with Deathfire Grasp... I know this is great for any burst caster - but it's range is not spectacular, and I find using often puts me in range of certain death. Should this item be skipped until one can properly time the burst of his first 4 skills?

Ok look:

On dark matter timing: Honestly, it doesn't matter. DM exists outside the stun combo even tho many Veigars don't realize this. Do whatever works for you. Many people won't or can't dodge a DM with no stun so the stun is not necessary there. If you just want to do the combo, stun-> DM works now. But I'd really insist on you learning to use DM by itself too. You can block retreat routes, get physical dpses to leave some guy alone or die, and many many other situations.

On DFG use: Don't treat DFG as "Hit the tank at max hp" item. Treat it as a 1.5x Baleful strike and just do it whenever. I really mean it, cast it whenever the ****, don't even look at hp bars. Just put that "1->click" on your rotation. If you just try to get max efficiency for every shot, you'll find that in the end, you used it a fraction of the times than if you just spammed it. Trust me, it's pretty ****ing beefy even on a 50% hero.

On making a DFG(by making DFG I mean the 600 recipe only. The sub-items are absolute core for veigar so you should always get em ASAP. just dont combine them): It should be gotten late, but not really because of range or anything. Mostly because you want that Kage Pick to give you as much gold as possible.
My personal sweet spot is after or during my second Blasting Wand item.
(Example -> I'll have sorc boots, codex, kage, zonyas, blasting wand. I'll make dfg then complete rylai/void)

SwampZero

07-06-2010

Noob mistakes on Veigar addendum:

-Not farming the living S@@@ out of the mid-lane 4-creeps without leaving the lane starting from DM level 3 +nuke on the blue one, and doing it forever and ever and never stop doing it ever.

-Dying without blowing your load. Earlier today I got ganked at golem by enemy Udyr and Tryndamere. I turn around and baleful->DFG->ulti trynda and he just died and I managed to run away from udyr. If i just tried to stun/run I would hav eprobably died. Even if Tryndamere survived my nukes, he'd still be at 10% hp and not a threat anymore.

-Not using DM to scout a brush (mana costly, do it at late game)

Use those 4 creeps as a barometer. If past DM level 3, you cant oneshot the orange ones, you're behind. Get some AP by balefuls or drink a brilliance.

If you can oneshot all the oranges but the blue survives and needs a baleful, you're doing ok!

If you can just clear the lot of them with just the DM you're doing great! keep up the good work.

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2010

Wait what? Orange? Blue?

SwampZero

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azghyn Nite View Post
Wait what? Orange? Blue?

Those 4 jungle creeps near mid guy. There's 3 little orange ones and a blue one that lifesteals

smoothietime

07-06-2010

What you are doing wrong is you should be making sure before the match that you cannot be low on mana. When I play Viegar I have more then enough mana even spamming baleful strikes. Get clarity, respec your talents all into utility and get all the mana regen skills, and before you leave base you will have enough gold to get a health and mana pot. Don't oom.

Azghyn Nite

07-06-2010

Quote:
Those 4 jungle creeps near mid guy. There's 3 little orange ones and a blue one that lifesteals
Honestly, veigar isnt a good mid. Cant harrass, can barely hold it.