Problems with Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McClain

11-28-2011

Last 2 games I played TT (I pretty much never play it and will never do it again until it's remade) were hour long games. Won both of them I believe. Last one, my teammates weren't doing too hot, but I was singed and was able to farm up enough to be able to solo their entire team. Even with that though, they were able to turtle up on their tower and fend us off. It is pretty ridiculous in TT. It's also very easy to pull super minions into the spawn for instakill.

please remake.

Dueliest

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldheartedjsp View Post
you have no opinion considering you've played one game

And if everybody *****ed, it'd be one thing. But it's just a ton of unranked/low level/low elo people saying it. I've never seen a gold/plat 3s player complain about turtleing.
your not high elo or gold/plat so why are you still even talking? I mean other then to get on peoples nerves. And I don't need to have a good "reputation" to have something legitimate to say.

butternuts000

11-29-2011

kill inhibs. kill minion waves until three or more of your own waves with super minions push each lane. Defend (turtle) around your minions and halt any aggro before it starts. Enough super minions will push the tower down themselves. I don't see the problem. I've been on a team that pulled off a defense like this once, but only because the team was scattered and we aced them, cleaned out the minions and pushed dragon and then pushed for the game, but I certainly didn't find it easy, and it was only made possible due to our opponent's blunder.

Your assertion that defense is an absurd strategy is sad at best. Considering you are in your opponent's camp, it makes sense that the opponent should have the strategic (terrain) advantage, does it not?

I can see how it may be difficult to overcome on your first game with no experience - it can be a tricky situation, but if you were as far ahead as you claim at the point they began turtling, and you held them to their fountain/turret the whole time, there's no reason you shouldn't have won. Whether it was impatience or just a terrible blunder, you have to accept you were outplayed.

When your team got aced, did you just blindly push down a lane, creating a nexus rush? If so you were always losing the race. In 3s, in that situation, you still have an edge, but you've temporarily lost map control. Now your job is to locate the other team, and defend their push, falling back to your own fountain if necessary (your fountain is also near your nexus turret, food for thought). If your team can win a battle on your own turf, you should be able to push easily, but note you have to lose two battles from the position you described in order to lose, and a much stronger team shouldn't lose twice (especially when the second battle will be near your towers).