Problems with Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam

11-26-2011

I mean if both towers down and middle tower still up, and you got 3 exhaust, you can pull something off. Won a game against Riven, Tryndamere, Shyvana. When we turtled with Riven, Skarner, and Nida. So who knows. People just gotta know how to turtle really well to survive And it would change the outcome of the game. When all 3 of the enemies die trying to take out the turret.

Dueliest

11-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKHustle View Post
k, so when you pushed all their towers and **** you guys should have been quite a ways ahead. Once you noticed them turtling, you guys should have kept clearing ALL jungles, and dragon EVERY TIME it came up. Then, after about 20 minutes of that, you guys would be even more ahead. Then, once you guys have all of your items they would probably have 3/6 or 4/6 and at that point you guys should have been able to rush in, burn one of them down and run out.. then go back in and either burn another or burn the tower and run out. This is directly after clearing minion camps with buffs.

You guys didn't lose because of bad map, you lost because you don't know how to play at that stage in the game on the map.

Don't blame Riot, blame yourself and your team.
Well for one I'm not blaming Riot for anything I'm pointing out the intricacies of the map and why it doesn't support aggressive game play. And to retort you comment of what we should have done, by the 30 min mark everyone in the game had more money then they needed so people started selling stuff just to buy more expensive stuff. It wasn't a matter of gaining any sort of gold lead because we all had full builds and were at max lvl and the game just drug on.I mean I bought half my build in one trip back to base cause I was siting on 6k gold from last-hitting countless minion waves, jungle creeps, and inhibitors. And I cant express enough how easy it is to sit RIGHT next to the tower on top of the platform where you can either escape to safety or deny the turret with a full 3 man team and/or the turret to back them up against any hostile aggression. Its a clear disadvantage to the opposition nothing more, nothing less.

YoGurt8

11-27-2011

I don't think turtling is a big of a problem as people make it out to be. It makes games much longer but in no way can it make you lose a game that you are currently very far ahead in, that just means you are handling the situation incorrectly and making mistakes.

Take the entire jungle and every dragon/red. Don't kill inhibitors, this just makes it easier for them to farm since super minions push lanes. Build items that will help you take down their nexus turret easier (attack speed, guardian angels, etc).

Koldheartedjsp

11-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueliest View Post
Well for one I'm not blaming Riot for anything I'm pointing out the intricacies of the map and why it doesn't support aggressive game play. And to retort you comment of what we should have done, by the 30 min mark everyone in the game had more money then they needed so people started selling stuff just to buy more expensive stuff. It wasn't a matter of gaining any sort of gold lead because we all had full builds and were at max lvl and the game just drug on.I mean I bought half my build in one trip back to base cause I was siting on 6k gold from last-hitting countless minion waves, jungle creeps, and inhibitors. And I cant express enough how easy it is to sit RIGHT next to the tower on top of the platform where you can either escape to safety or deny the turret with a full 3 man team and/or the turret to back them up against any hostile aggression. Its a clear disadvantage to the opposition nothing more, nothing less.
i NEVER have a problem downing the nexus turret. There is nothing wrong with the placement of the fountain and the nexus/turret

Dueliest

11-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldheartedjsp View Post
i NEVER have a problem downing the nexus turret. There is nothing wrong with the placement of the fountain and the nexus/turret
Well thank you for sharing your personal accomplishments in a self serving manner. Do you have any facts or reason to defend your opinion?

I really don't expect everyone to agree with this. Which is why I tried to write it as reasonably as I could.

DR913

11-28-2011

I just had a match like this. Eventually we did get the tower down, but I still believe that turtling that tower is way to easy. We cleared jungle and dragon several times trying to get it. Eventually a suicide allowed us a win. But honestly, it really is too easy. But I don't see them trying to fix it anytime soon.

Koldheartedjsp

11-28-2011

Quote:
Well thank you for sharing your personal accomplishments in a self serving manner. Do you have any facts or reason to defend your opinion?

I really don't expect everyone to agree with this. Which is why I tried to write it as reasonably as I could.
the fact maybe anyone whos gold/plat doesn't think its a problem and everybody else does?

you had played a grand total of 1 time when you made the original post

If someone thinks there's a problem, then the problem is them. Plain and simple.

Desocupado

11-28-2011

move the turret away from the plataform, makes no sense using the plataform to defend the tower.

Dueliest

11-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldheartedjsp View Post
the fact maybe anyone whos gold/plat doesn't think its a problem and everybody else does?

you had played a grand total of 1 time when you made the original post

If someone thinks there's a problem, then the problem is them. Plain and simple.
Until people are in one accord and you are proven wrong. I'm still sticking by my reasons for this post.

PS: Is he trolling?

Koldheartedjsp

11-28-2011

Quote:
Until people are in one accord and you are proven wrong. I'm still sticking by my reasons for this post.

PS: Is he trolling?
you have no opinion considering you've played one game

And if everybody *****ed, it'd be one thing. But it's just a ton of unranked/low level/low elo people saying it. I've never seen a gold/plat 3s player complain about turtleing.