Problems with Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dueliest

11-25-2011

Turtling: a gameplay strategy that emphasizes heavy defense. Ostensibly, turtling minimizes risk to the turtling player while baiting opponents to take risks in trying to overcome the defenses. Definition from Wikipedia.com

Cheap, dishonorable, but effective.

Scenario: 3v3 no one drops no one leaves. Our team does well in the start we take down a tower in the first 10 mins, and a second minutes later followed by a third and fourth. We are down to inhibitors when have to back off. Our team was doing really well being ahead in kills and gold and towers, we even had time to jungle as a team. However from 20min mark to one #$%^ing hour they just camped in their base. Why? Because camping the last regenerating turret right next to a platform that can heal you, spew death and re-spawn you is EASY. So easy in fact that you can camp it indefinitely. We proceed to just take down inhibitors all day long. I think totaling close to ten inhibitor kills. SO for a map that suppose to last 15-25 mins lasted an hour and it just came down to who wanted to mess around the longest. One of our team members wasn't able to adapt to this procrastinating play style (I don't blame him) and did his best to pressure the team in there base, dying because of it. In the end we lost because after they were all fat lvl 18's (minion waves) with stacked this, that or the other thing, now with two team members down, they just rushed a lane (full of turrets) in seconds and won (yes it was less then a minute). What was suppose to be a strait forward victory belonging to the more skilled players was given to the other team because not everyone wanted to play the waiting game. For a game designed to promote aggressive play this map in its current state does NOT support that for the sole reason of base camping.

Suggestions:

Move the platform farther away. This will mean time to get to and fro if they want to heal up (and not commit)

Put the turret on the other side of the nexus. (like in Summoners Rift) Again keeping it out of reach of platform campers who don't want to commit to a fight.

Install a game timer. One with the most kills / towers / gold or some determined combination at the end of the timer wins. This will promote people to be aggressive and wont turtle for a cheap win 40 mins after they were losing the whole game.

Make the towers stronger with time. Though I don't recommend this idea it would also deter any form of turtling.

Granted this was my first and only experience of the map but the simple fact that this can happen and did happen means I'm not going to play the map again in its current state.

Koldheartedjsp

11-25-2011

must be bad

CodeMajic

11-25-2011

uber duper bad

Dueliest

11-26-2011

Well you guys didn't down vote me so I'd guess your referring to the map rather then my presumed skill at the game...

Dragranzer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2011

Mega Ultra Uber bad
Now that I read the whole thing I have to admit that was just hilarious to read xD you sir might me the most unlucky person i've heard of but games that are not affected by feeders or leavers have a reason for their outcome, in the end the winners deserve their victory.

Dueliest

11-26-2011

Idk but I'm sure if Riot see's this, they will hit them selves on head and proclaim "what the hell were we thinking"

PKHustle

11-26-2011

k, so when you pushed all their towers and **** you guys should have been quite a ways ahead. Once you noticed them turtling, you guys should have kept clearing ALL jungles, and dragon EVERY TIME it came up. Then, after about 20 minutes of that, you guys would be even more ahead. Then, once you guys have all of your items they would probably have 3/6 or 4/6 and at that point you guys should have been able to rush in, burn one of them down and run out.. then go back in and either burn another or burn the tower and run out. This is directly after clearing minion camps with buffs.

You guys didn't lose because of bad map, you lost because you don't know how to play at that stage in the game on the map.

Don't blame Riot, blame yourself and your team.

Relik Bloodlor

11-26-2011

well if they turtled you had the board, all its gold/kills for stacks/buffs.
If you don't have a taunt/move/knock-up/stun/redbuff & an other slow to pull/keep them out you have to tank/AD up and just wail on the turret and keep some one in reserve to defend that's just the map.

Sam

11-26-2011

Turtling is really irritating. Won so many games with it. Works so well. All the people hating on him, you guys must've never had a turtle game before because turtling is really op, if done correctly.

Captain Kopp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2011

^I still think if you're really winning, you can get that turret down.