What's with all the hate for Dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bltsandwich

11-30-2011

I'm not a big fan of capture-the-flag type games so naturally, I prefer to not play Dominion. I also feel like the point system isn't rewarding enough. I like having to slowly work towards that first kill or working together in team fights, etc. Just small stuff that differentiates fast-paced Dominion from SR. Just my opinion/preference though.

sensehership

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

i have currently quit SR due to the bad patch that just came out and really find no problems with dominion if you know what to do

PrincessDerpy

11-30-2011

Is it sad that I find ARAB more entertaining than regular Dominion matches?

Can't say the same about ARAM vs SR, ARAM is too snowbally and whoever gets the best poke wins.

JasmineChen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djtooth View Post
<dominion issue with> Low IP reward
I'm not sure where this idea is coming from. I ran numbers and Dom gives anywhere from 20% to 40% more IP per hour than SR, win or lose. (varies depending how much time you calculate for between matches).

I haven't seen anyone post up records they made showing they made more IP/hr on SR - did that happen?

IMSOJUICY

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djtooth View Post
Well four reasons i see to hate Dominion..
1. Low IP reward (i know, but its a significant problem)..
its funny, because when i want to IP farm, i actually play dominion lol.