What's with all the hate for Dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

11-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Arisu View Post
Also, a LOT of champions are super unviable in Domi.
Curious as to what you think those are... I keep hearing this and I never find out just which champions these are.

Not that I could argue the point other than "nu uh, I totally did good with that character once!" xP

Waterd

11-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taenshi View Post
Yeah I know a LOT of my fellow platinum friends just don't care about it because of no ranked. Which is a major reason why I think ranked needs to come out like...yesterday in order for the real balance of the map to be figured out.

Will it be messy? Will it be unbalanced? Yes, it will be all of these things no matter how long Riot waits because you don't know how strong a map is until the best players start to use it.
+10

RalphWaldo

11-26-2011

People have been playing SR for like 5+ years (if you count DotA, which I do since the map is basically identical) and are reluctant to change. This is just human nature.

I for one think Dominion gameplay is much more fun and rewarding. Why do I want to sit around for 10 minutes before a teamfight?

Silent Reaper

11-26-2011

The thing I personally dislike about Dominion isjust the passive Gold / Xp gain on Dominion. It's like "FREE GOLD FOR EVERYONE".

I really don't like it, I don't like the fact that minion farming lanes while pushing isn't rewarded enough.

blahdiblah

11-26-2011

I'll play dominion again when it gets a ranked ladder, but probably not until then unless I have 20 minutes to kill and nothing else to do.

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2011

The last systemic change for Dominion slowed things down so much. Dominion was fun as hell when it was released and it's slowly been changed to be more balanced, sure, but much more boring too.

Knezalex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2011

I ended playing dominion more than 5v5 ranked 5v5 normal and 3v3 all together

Bomb in lasagna

11-26-2011

I just don't understand why people need ranked in order to enjoy the game...You do realize that for the first year of League of Legends there was no ranked and people loved the game.

Waterd

11-26-2011

yeah Thats the reason I left the game after beta, and then come back later. I already explained why ranked is needed to enjoy the game. The short version is that its needed to be able to gauge one self-improvement in the game.

FDru

11-26-2011

No difference at all between ranked and normal draft; it's completely stupid to have two queues for the exact same game.

Ranked will add nothing to Dominion except for longer queues.

The truth hurts, but you have no argument against it. Too bad for you, huh?