What's with all the hate for Dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bomb in lasagna

11-25-2011

I see a lot of hate going around for Dominion and I don't get why.

Alvinheimer

11-25-2011

SR fanboys are scared of change and quick to judge.

MMKH

11-25-2011

Probably because some people are unwilling to change to a new game mode.

Phourc

11-25-2011

They jelly, brah.

Such League Wow

11-25-2011

Probably because not even half of the champions who are viable on SR aren't viable on Dominion. And the game is extremely unbalanced as a whole.

Personally, I just find it tedious, with no real sense of accomplishment at any point during a game of Dominion.

FDru

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelPants View Post
Personally, I just find it tedious, with no real sense of accomplishment at any point during a game of Dominion.
The entire laning phase of SR is pretty much the definition of tedious.

Phourc

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelPants View Post
And if ya don't like it, you come to the dominion forum why?

And I think the unviable champions aren't more than 3-4, champions that are stupidly underpowered (Vlad, Mundo, etc) that are unviable on dominion just because... that's where they are right now.

Hell, even Twitch and Evelyn (SR instalose champs supposedly) have a pretty good place here.

Narogsun

11-25-2011

people like to feel superior by judging it like casual, making them a super hardcore gamer xD

Djtooth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Well four reasons i see to hate Dominion..
1. Low IP reward (i know, but its a significant problem)
2. Most heroes are completely obsolete in dominion(LoL characters are not balanced for Dominion)
3. Dominion is making riot transform LoL from a strategy game into a hyper aggressive beat down arena..(Remember supports and fortify? Might wanna say goodbye while you still can)
4. King of the hill game play (some people dont like it..)

I personally wanted a 4v4v4 map but dominion is nice i suppose..

Nekrogen

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djtooth View Post
Well three reasons i see to hate Dominion..
1. Low IP reward (i know, but its a significant problem)
2. Most heroes are completely obsolete in dominion(LoL characters are not balanced for Dominion)
3. Dominion is making riot transform LoL from a strategy game into a hyper aggressive beat down arena..(Remember supports and fortify? Might wanna say goodbye while you still can)
4. King of the hill game play (some people dont like it..)
1. Yeah I can sorta agree with this point, but the games aren't long to begin with so..
2. No. Maybe 1 or 2 champs are, at worst, slightly less useful in dominion (Vlad and Morde), but every champ is perfectly viable for what they do best, and in the right hands can dominate.
3. ...What? This doesn't even make sense. If you are implying that Dominion takes no strategy then you are severely mistaken.
4. This is a fair point.

I think the biggest issues for most Classic professional are:

a) Ranked doesn't exist for Dominion... yet.
b) Most of them played at most 10 games where they assumed every game from then on would just be a mindless killing spree. They failed to get to their appropriate elo where this just simply isn't the case.