Volibear Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AeninPallyton

11-25-2011

Zileas was right the whole time, an armored bear gets made and Lol gets destroyed

msirae

11-25-2011

for once the massive fit people throw over changes is well-deserved.
this patch seems awful. :/

gg riot.

MOT3L MANGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

why not just make the runes a little cheaper instead of changing a perfectly fine jungle

C01N

11-25-2011

For all the people complaining that the game has become to soft and squishy and colored a weird yellow I have some words!

The game is evolving to ensure its survival. It is further defining itself against its competition by enhancing its strengths and ratifying its weaknesses. It brings a tear to my eye! It has been no secret that the game is to appeal to a wide catalog of gamer type while still being able to create enough niche play for high level play. By simplifying the rules you create more creative strategy not less. Think chess...

Toonation

11-25-2011

wait lower damage from minions, easier jungleing... so Fizz will take bearly any damage from minions at all now o-o?
I played a few games with Fizz and he is Op you can W Q a person at a torrent and E away and take no damage.
Play mid let them push at lvl 6 then shark them at your torrent then W Q them .

Anyway I was looking forward to a Buff on Vlad and a nerf on Fizz like his passive and E.

I've also jungled with Fizz too and you could solo your entire jungle in about 3:30-4mins, If I herd it correctly they nerfed the buffs but made every camp have a buff and respawn for them is quicker? Dose that mean since the jungle is easier in like 3mins someone would have all the mini buffs plus the nerfed blue and red? Hmm it sounds like the jungler would be a few lvls higher now than the rest of the players since the respawn time is quicker. Minions having lower damage wouldn't that make people want to Push Push Push now and not wait for gangs o-o? Idk this patch feels bad x.x hope its a joke but its not April 1st x.x.

Anyway i'm just ranting xP

SexyGamer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexygamer View Post
i totally agree. Riot's latest actions have been really stupid and are pointing this game in the worst direction. Less passivity? More like "we're nerfing your early game ability to sustain yourself in-lane" .alot of these changes are very drastic and several of them are ruining this game. They're ruining the diversity and choices of gameplay in lol by severely nerfing or getting rid of aspects that make this game more viable to intuitive, different, and new forms of gameplay. Imo, these changes are gradually turning lol into a right-click unfun and repetitive game. The incoming dodge removal made me facepalm because it was a different aspect of this game and was in no manner, "op" because it seriously is an unreliable game mechanic but is beneficial for all players. It should not be removed at all. The incoming changes to jungle are ridiculous because 1. Theres a reason why junglers are important: They have access to the blue and red buffs which greatly improve their ability to help the lanes. A nerf to the buffs will cause a lower success rate of ganks so a jungler's ability to help a lane out becomes much harder. I have fears about the buffs to the jungle because jungle creeps give alot of exp so wouldn't faster respawn times mean that the jungler would have the fastest lvling? Meaning that ganks can happen very early on and players will become even more passive. Regarding to the nerf on health pots, its a terrible idea. Do you realize that these are vital to early game sustainability? It gives us the ability to survive ganks and sustain ourselves against champs that , without us having health pots, would dominate us regardless. These changes have been mostly in favor of the dominating champs. Say goodbye to diversity in gameplay and champion picks because people can just auto-click that really good champ that will dominate the farming phase.

And heres probably my pet peeves: Why does riot keep catering to the newer players and low level gameplay? Isn't it better to just to limit these changes to low level gameplay? This seems like a narrow-minded approach and its greatly affecting high lvl gameplay (i'm talking about ranked matches and lvl 20s and up in general).

Edit: These changes are pushing towards more players vs. Npc gameplay rather than pvp. (a.k,a, right-click gameplay) which is degenerating this game.
bump!

ElEsTuPeFacTo

11-25-2011

im pretty sure that jungle is going to be another lane without the guy that can harrass you or zone you.

if you wanted to promote agressive playstyle with a farmjungle that gets you underfarmed if you don't get kills in ganks i think this isn't the way to go really. specially with nerfed red buff.

i REALLY hope that high skill plays in the jungle and ganks are still substantial.

xMikuFanx

11-25-2011

I love how there are all these comments about ppl saying that riot is killing their game...

you do realize that the majority of the lol players are NOT professionals, or good for that matter. Just because 1% of you ppl are butthurt because you are "so good at this game", that means riot is killing their game? Nope, it just means that the 99% of ppl who player like ******* and roll their face on the keyboard are going to spend more money on their game because they like it.

If you want to be competitive go play HoN. Just warning you though, the player base are a bunch of ****s, but you should fit right in.

FrostRevenant

11-25-2011

Im gonna get downvoted for the truth

Riot: Jungling needs to be more accessible to a variety of champs and needs to less restrictive
Community: Youre catering to n00bs. its the end of the world!!!!
Me: providing champion variety is bad? and how is that catering to noobs

Riot: Nerfing sustain from health pots cuz someone who neverendingly drinks health pots is hard to take down in lane. This means that since enemies stay at lower health more often it will allow you to the possibilty of getting more kills in lane early game.
Community: OH NOES! without this sustain I will be forced to hide on my tower making the game passive.
Me: So since you wont go after a 1/4 HP Ashe you would rather instead hide on your tower losing EXP, gold and ultimately getting tower dove successfully?

TLR these arent the end of the world. Be open to change as its going to happen alot and for the better. Even if you dont think it will its only cuz youre obsessed with the smaller piece of the big picture which is in fact being made by people who understand the game better than most of us will ever.

doomybear

11-25-2011

I am sensing Eve QQ in the near future.

But...ARMORED BEARS ARE COMING!