Volibear Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

11-25-2011
6 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venser of Urborg View Post
so you like when a level 6 tryndamere crits your face for 1200? and that isnt op at all? you don't nerf a guy who can run in on a turret and kill you ult so he survives and then spins away...but you nerf the one guy who can stand up to that OP champ by removing his main stat...i don't understand...Dodge is only op when you feed that player such as jax udyr and sivir... but if you shut them down or properly counter them then they are like butter...

please explain zileas im very troubled...
Tryndamere is built around the idea that he is death in melee, but can be kited. Denying him his crit-to-your-face is related to that. We could just as easily give him +500 damage at level 12 on second hits vs champions and have the same effect, but crit is more exciting.

Tom Cruise Fan

11-25-2011

Anyone who dislikes this patch is below 1500 elo.

Jybwee

11-25-2011

Sonofa...
Casual player here. I have always used 1 page of runes up until a few days ago, was dodge/cooldown/att spd. Read about dodge change so i started buying armor runes for jungle'n expecting the refund to come soon for my dodge runes. As dodge runes cost double the others i preemptively buy some +armor and such runes for jungle'n. So now i can have 2 pages of runes - 1 for general (probably +crit chance instead of dodge) then 1 for jungle (armor instead of dodge). Now your telling me that i probably won't need those anymore to jungle effectively? Maybe that's an overreaction but that's what i'm hearing.

Anyway, point is - in my casual player mind spending IP on champs is FAR better than buying runes. I don't expect a refund or anything... just saying.. in this players point of view - it.. well... sucks.

Aluminar

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
I think that its a bunch of large changes that are hard to understand, where the changes are removing something and replacing them with something else. People usually have a neutral reaction or a negative one, so the post is net negative.

We've had this happen with the support changes also -- which ultimately were accepted by the community once they played them. We will measure our success with this patch based on how you guys feel about it after its been out a week.
THEY WERE HORRlBLE!

I know for a fact that I am not the only one who will never accept the support changes as a good patch

NightSkero

11-25-2011

zileas what about jax?

Moby the White

11-25-2011

Quote:
The counter to Tryndamere has never been dodging. The counter to tryndamere is kiting.
1st of all there isnt a tryndanoob that could take my jax alive 1v1 sorry...
2nd of all you want me to kite a guy with a slow and a closer who kills me in two hits anyways? you supply the twine and ill supply the kite but zileas there isnt enough twine in the world...

Heartlis

11-25-2011

This game's popularity is growing at a massive rate, why all of the sudden is there an "accesibility problem"? This game has a reputation as it is (unfairly imho) as the casual moba already, if there is an "accesability problem" it's with your pricing system, not game complexty. Warcraft took what made it popular and simplified(aka dumbed down) it for what it thought casual types would want, if you want to know how that turned out, just ask one of the millions of people that left the game.

KorwynKim

11-25-2011

Quote:
I think that its a bunch of large changes that are hard to understand, where the changes are removing something and replacing them with something else. People usually have a neutral reaction or a negative one, so the post is net negative.

We've had this happen with the support changes also -- which ultimately were accepted by the community once they played them. We will measure our success with this patch based on how you guys feel about it after its been out a week.
Accepted because the community liked it, or because they had no choice?

MMEGATRON

11-25-2011

I REALLY hope this patch doesn't get released.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Quote:

The irony of this patch for me is that I recently tried jungling with a lvl 8 Trundle, no runes, and it was an utter disaster. Then this patch
I'll give it a run again, but without masteries and runes, I still think I may need a few more notches in the belt.