Volibear Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pittokunn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyGamer View Post
I totally agree. Riot's latest actions have been really stupid and are pointing this game in the worst direction. Less passivity? more like "We're nerfing your early game ability to sustain yourself in-lane" .Alot of these changes are very drastic and several of them are ruining this game. They're ruining the diversity and choices of gameplay in LoL by severely nerfing or getting rid of aspects that make this game more viable to intuitive, different, and new forms of gameplay. IMO, these changes are gradually turning LoL into a right-click UNFUN and REPETITIVE game. The incoming dodge removal made me facepalm because it was a different aspect of this game and was in no manner, "OP" because it seriously is an unreliable game mechanic but is beneficial for all players. It should not be removed at all. The incoming changes to jungle are ridiculous because 1. theres a reason why junglers are important: they have access to the blue and red buffs which greatly improve their ability to help the lanes. A nerf to the buffs will cause a lower success rate of ganks so a jungler's ability to help a lane out becomes much harder. I have fears about the buffs to the jungle because jungle creeps give ALOT of exp so wouldn't faster respawn times mean that the jungler would have the fastest lvling? Meaning that ganks can happen VERY early on and players will become even more passive. Regarding to the nerf on health pots, its a terrible idea. Do you realize that these are vital to early game sustainability? It gives us the ability to survive ganks and sustain ourselves against champs that , WITHOUT US HAVING HEALTH POTS, would dominate us regardless. These changes have been mostly in favor of the dominating champs. Say goodbye to diversity in gameplay and champion picks because people can just auto-click that really good champ that will dominate the farming phase.

And heres probably my pet peeves: Why does Riot keep catering to the newer players and low level gameplay? Isn't it better to just to limit these changes to LOW LEVEL gameplay? This seems like a narrow-minded approach and its greatly affecting high lvl gameplay (i'm talking about ranked matches and lvl 20s and up in general).

EDIT: These changes are pushing towards more players vs. npc gameplay rather than pvp. (a.k,a, right-click gameplay) which is degenerating this game.
2 of the best comments (IF NOT THE BEST) in this thread.... completely true.

Moby the White

11-25-2011

so you like when a level 6 tryndamere crits your face for 1200? and that isnt op at all? you don't nerf a guy who can run in on a turret and kill you ult so he survives and then spins away...but you nerf the one guy who can stand up to that OP champ by removing his main stat...i don't understand...Dodge is only op when you feed that player such as jax udyr and sivir... but if you shut them down or properly counter them then they are like butter...

please explain zileas im very troubled...

Sirensongs

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittokunn View Post
2 of the best comments (IF NOT THE BEST) in this thread.... completely true.
Yes to all of this

Moby the White

11-25-2011

and how about some updates on what will happen with our dear friend jax :S

Maxer259

11-25-2011

BUFF Vadmir!!!!!

NightSkero

11-25-2011

and jax ?

Gohidenaab

11-25-2011

i like all the change out of 1 thing the potion nerf ... potion was already low healt regen ....

Zileas

VP of Game Design

11-25-2011
5 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdolfNT View Post
Does this make sense to anyone? Making a more active early game, how by having the jungler run around the jungle like a chicken with its head cut off? Nerfing the xp and gold gain from creep camps will cause junglers to stay in the jungle longer just to get level 4 and gank. And you cant continue to gank once you fail or succeed for that matter as you'll fall way behind if the camps give less xp. Idk maybe I'm an idiot but it seems that this is just a terrible remake.
Hi Adolf,

Right now, there is very little downside to initiating a gank at certain times as a jungler. This makes lane play innately more defensive. Additionally, the way health potions is set up makes it so that in-lane harassment is relatively weak.

We are trying to push ganks to be more situation-based and less inevitable, and part of that is helping laners create more situations, while the rest of that is making ganking a choice by junglers, rather than a freebie.

Lusid

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
I think that its a bunch of large changes that are hard to understand, where the changes are removing something and replacing them with something else. People usually have a neutral reaction or a negative one, so the post is net negative.
Believe it or not, the reason everyone complains is because too many of the community get their playstyles and information from guides posted by better players. If there is a change and no guide telling them how to play they will do poorly. Hence the whine.

TagteamzLOL

11-25-2011

-YOUTUBE PATCH PREVIEW-
2,960 likes, 8,482 dislikes