Volibear Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dan Macq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Why not include anything about the loss of dodge, the re-work of Jax, or how anyone with crits is going to be even better?

Overall I hate this patch....

FatalxSin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Just a simple question here.

Does this jungling change effect baron or dragon?

Uberkush

11-25-2011

I am very worried about this patch. They seem to be throwing in a huge amount of changes to gameplay (a lot more than the ones for champions this month) with what seems like very little time tested. This concerns me, theyre gambling on the quality of their game. This one patch could either make their game far superior, or cripple it for the rest of its life :/. And i personally dont want to see it ruined and die in obscurity years down the rode . Only time will tell if this is this patch is going to make or break the game.

bashead

11-25-2011

Downvote
screw that

tentacle dreams

11-25-2011

so, new passive for sivir to make for dodge being removed and seems like a big nerf on w honestly.
experienced junglers going to be nerfed and will probably never gank now.
potions nerfed to encourage aggressive gameplay but really just promoting more passive gameplay.
minion damage nerf is okay I guess, despite some weak laners being dependent on minion damage so with that nerf and potion nerf really can make some champions completely unviable.
reaaaal good patch riot. you may as well make it so bots just fight each other since apparently all you care about is marketing the game as an esport and care nothing about the people actually playing it.

Toeko

11-25-2011

I agree with most of the sentiment that I have heard here. but as much as I hate to say it. so many people *****ed at Riot when they were balancing the game around high level play. now that they are thinking about everyone people are *****ing even more. its a lose lose situation for them

Scondoro

11-25-2011

Don't listen to the QQers. Just do the patch, and see how many people actually rage quit League of Legends--I guarantee it'll be minimal.

Emptiest

11-25-2011

OMG the NERF its unbearable!! So muchh pain!!!
Lets Change the title to:

Volibear NERF preview

Scondoro

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberkush View Post
I am very worried about this patch. They seem to be throwing in a huge amount of changes to gameplay (a lot more than the ones for champions this month) with what seems like very little time tested. This concerns me, theyre gambling on the quality of their game. This one patch could either make their game far superior, or cripple it for the rest of its life :/. And i personally dont want to see it ruined and die in obscurity years down the rode . Only time will tell if this is this patch is going to make or break the game.
Oh don't be dramatic. They've made changes this "big" in the past. Most of the QQers were never around during the early periods of the game, so all they know is "Jungling is for Elite pros only, newbs!!"

Exologist

11-25-2011

People don't get it. Changing the damage of minions, various numbers of the jungle, or amount of potion healing doesn't make anything more or less "noob friendly." Just because someone will be able to jungle with less runes and masteries won't make them do better if they are a noob. They will still get warded, fail gank, get counter-jungled, or reverse ganked like the they do now.

Minions doing less damage helps noobs because only noobs attack enemies with minion waves to back them up? Well now it'll be only noobs think that minion waves backing them up will more often than not save them in the fight. Today's noobs who stupidly attack champions with a huge wave will be the same noobs tomorrow who think they are safe with a huge wave.

Potions? This actually doesn't change the game that much (aside from the possible differences between starting doran's and non-doran's). Potions will be the same for you and your enemy. Before you complain about how it makes things more dangerous for you and will make you more passive, it will also do the same thing to the other person in the lane, because both of you are using the same potion. It is silly talk to say both you and your opponent, because of the nerfed healing of potions, would turret hug at the same time, because that's not going to happen. True enough, it'll be more punishing if you get caught, but it'll also be more punishing if your opponent gets caught.

Global changes such as these that affect everyone across the board don't help or hurt noobs or pros, because everyone is subjected to the same change. The noobs will still suck because the pros will better adapt like they always do.