Volibear Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

11-25-2011

You could always play twisted treeline and basically ignore all the patch changes because riot has forgotten about that map

Ire Researcher

11-25-2011

oh good, weaker minions. And now those potions won't deny me my first kill. Although jungle kinda scares me now.

zerkaaaaa

11-25-2011

wheres our vlad buff????? >

Spiderbubble

11-25-2011

Yay for PCM nerfs!

Yay for Jungle AD Cassiopeia getting buffed since the jungle is easier now!

Not Yay for no Katarina or Mundo reworks!

Aceofsleep

11-25-2011

Downvotes, DOWNVOTES EVERYWHERE!

DragonsEyeG

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahares View Post
Welcome to the League of Legends Patch Preview, summoners! This edition of the Patch Preview is short but important, as multiple major changes are inside! Sivir is getting a remake, the jungle is receiving a significant update, and we’re making a number of changes that should change your priorities in lane. To get a forward look into the next gameplay update, take a look at the Patch Preview!

[turley]kUgIZCij-dw[/turley]

[URL2="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUgIZCij-dw"]Head to the video on YouTube to change your subtitles. Remember to comment on the video and subscribe to the Riot Games YouTube channel![/URL2]
what the hell?? why are you all so freaking bad? noobs can now jungle so easy.. no skill, lower of lizard slow,... so don't bother.. and lower of potions.. so that is less aggressive because i can't heal enough to be safe.. your suck freaking failures.

Oleoay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

This preview reminds me of when they nerfed wards.

So now, jungle minions spawn more often, which creates less incentive to protect your jungle since a respawned golem/lizard will come much faster.

If a jungler comes out to a lane with a red buff, then it's the laners' faults for not warding their river.

Also, ganking someone in the jungle is much less risky because the jungling champ is less likely to be at low health.

Also, since it's easier to jungle, there'll end up being more ganks from the jungle into a lane because junglers won't need to heal up as much before an attempt.

If minion damage is lowered, then that again rewards people who play stupidly and try to kill a champion in the early game phase with a bunch of minions around.

Why give Sivir more range, then give her passive so she benefits from closing with her opponent? She's not like Vayne who at least has a stealth escape and a stun/pin. Also, Sivir is supposed to be a newbie friendly champ and it seems like the passive will just make her most squishy as new players overcommit.

Nerfing health potions removes early game item choices and encourages people to either return to base or hang back from the minion wave to heal.

Also, why the heck do you do all these changes after Season 2 starts instead of during the offseason? I also didn't see any of these changes in the beta.. actually the only thing I've seen in the limited beta is the spectator mode, so why even have a beta?

Moby the White

11-25-2011

maybe if we whine as much as the people who whined for this patch riot will cancel the patch :/

Throdo

11-25-2011

Jungle changes look horrid. Lane changes look horrid too. Just all aggression and less skill. Lame.

Jowa90

11-25-2011

Jax? :"( who wants a piece of the...self proclaimed champ he prefers now a days