Volibear Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Radleygh

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmon3y26 View Post
I dont think you realise that junglers go back on the first clear not only for health, But to buy so there ganks are more powerful, And there clearing speed goes up..

And getting a movement speed buff from wolves and presumably an attack speed buff from wraiths doesn't fix that?

LolitsTom

11-25-2011

What did I just watch.

FraggingBard

11-25-2011

If potions are being nerfed, then will the death respawn timer also be going down? A fair few of the champions I have available aren't Rivens. In other words, they're Pretty **** Squishy (tm). What that means is that I usually grab at least one potion depending on who I'm running with as I'll need it when the person pops a shield and jumps me.

Lowering the effect of those potions means I'm going to have to play more passively, or get less penalties for dying so I can do silly things like you want me to. I have nothing against that kinky sh!t like charging Tryndamere with Veigar, sometimes it even works, but if I have no defenses and large penalties, I'm less likely to do that. Just sayin'.

That and choosing the right time to attack.. See, with Ezreal, Vayne, Kennen, (everyone who has a mobility ability in here), I could get in and kill people without taking too much damage from minions. Sure, the odd time I stuffed up and took 500 damage from minions, 50 damage from one champion, 100 from another which killed me at level 2, that wasn't fun. But that was my own fault for being silly, not minions for being overpowering.

If you really want to kill off minions, towers, etc. Instead of having one set of rules for each map and game set, why not create different sections? For instance, Akali wasn't OP in SR, she could just snowball more in Dom due to the free hp everywhere. Unless against skilled players but that's another matter entirely. Minions aren't that powerful if you understand the dangers of engaging at level 1 against 6 caster minions, 6 melee minions and a tank. Not advised. If that's a problem, create another instance of SR with reduced tower damage, reduced minion damage. Dominion for SR, in a nutshell.

Why change all instances of the game because some of your playerbase refuses to play according to the predefined rules? It's just odd.

Teshrrar

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmon3y26 View Post
"Playing like a god", You mean making aggressive plays?, I thought thats what riot was trying to encourage??, Well, you just pointed out riots flaw yourself.
You don't understand my point: I'm talking about players who try play like gods without be smart, and that is what Riot wanna fix. You still need to know the consequences of what you will do, even with minions dmg nerf, because you don't have 600hp to heal with potions anymore, so, your bad move can make you back to base and lose experience, or be ganked by a jungler who can appear any time now.

If you have 450hp, lvl 1, and try a bad harass vs an enemy who have 600hp (just because you have 3 pots), you have to be punished. Or if you have an enemy who play better than you, and you do a bad move, you have to be punished too. Etc, etc. This is strategy.

Incapamentum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

I was hoping to see a bit of info on the whole dodge business and how Sivir, Jax, and Udyr are going to be changed. But overall, the patch sounds promising. Don't let us down Riot

FraggingBard

11-25-2011

Something to add, there's a person (don't care enough to want to know who's talking) saying how red buff spells doom for people in lane, while the video is showing Nasus cast Wither.

Now, I'm not sure if you're just not paying attention to the videos anymore, but what the hell? If you want to show red buff being evil and mean, then show red buff being evil and mean. Don't use Wither to justify nerfing red buff.

LegionWarlord

11-25-2011

i love how no one see the balance in this patch lol

I believe the nerf to the potions is to compensate to the fact that minions and monsters are getting nerfed which nobody has too much of a problem with.

people complain when riot makes changes but its all to prevent game changing things such as jungle buff, and make them more balanced so they aren't game changing but instead they are slightly giving an advantage without completely flipping the game around.

Momochiz

11-25-2011

ok what the hell? ur releasing all these different champs yet u had the nine tails sneak peak before them and still nothing?

NehruvianDoom

11-25-2011

Im done, I fking quit, Morelllo suck my ****, **** you.

Ryouhei X

11-25-2011

I thought there was no more dodge?

Did anyone see the dodge Udyr had when fighting the neutral wolf camp?

That made me laugh.