Volibear Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

komugit

11-25-2011

Finally Sivir is getting some love and attention!

Hope the changes make her viable in competitive play.

ZJAYISBACK

11-25-2011

after seeing that they changed the range on sivirs auto attack i was think "oh ya they probably gunna buff tf's also!" then they was like "nah" i want to play tf again :,c

even if u buff like "we now reduced pick a cards mana cost by 1 mana per level

Amnesa

11-25-2011

So now more champions can jungle from what i hear, As for the lane nerf i think the potions will still be best to start, but i guess now no more being able to hide behind minions to help get damage on a champion. I guess that also means if you get stuck with an unfavorable matchup in lane you are pretty screwed.

Autocthon

11-25-2011

Betcha there's an Udyr change to his passive TOOOOO

Markoth

11-25-2011

Finally a PCM nerf.

Squirry

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhieron View Post
Let's encourage aggression by ...

Wait a second. You're trying to get people to be more aggressive by punishing their sustainability? I'm not sure I see this.
Then you don't understand how the game works.

The reason good players are rarely aggressive is that unless you can be sure to get the kill it will not be worth the effort. Not only do you take nearly the same damage from the minions, but you're also missing out of CS without gaining any benefit from it because sustainability is so insanely cheap and accessible.

With more expensive/less effective potions you now accomplish more by forcing your opponent to use one and thus well,timed harass (and hopefully a generally aggressive laning style) is rewarded.

HandsomeJimm

11-25-2011

Stonewall, ya better stop making the new videos...

Fubes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Am I the only one afraid that the changes to the jungle are going to nerf the effectiveness of higher elo junglers? Having to choose between camps and ganks sounds like making a choice between keeping up in level or getting ganks off, which doesn't sound like a completely fair trade off.

Falconette

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

I was greatly looking forward to Sivir changes....

I personally think she might actually become worse....(Kinda like what happened to poor Kayle)

But lets see.

Borethor

11-25-2011

What about Mordekaiser rework?

Shen buffs?

Vlad buffs?

Renekton buffs?

...? Hello Riot?