Volibear Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nutrialist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-29-2011

nice ...now going jungle is useless
=(

MSTRX

11-29-2011

Why so ****ing noob friendly? What about the people who actually dedicate time to try to get better at this game? They have to put up with this ****? ****s sakes

Kirithcoro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

I'm admittedly not a huge jungler, but I do occasionally end up having to fill the role, and here is my insight into it. So from testing the new jungle with Rammus and Nasus a few minutes ago (admittedly not the top tier of junglers), the new healing "buffs" don't really make it ANY different; they do, however, compensate for the 50 HP you lose on your health pots now at early levels (you could already pretty much indefinitely jungle lvl 4+ anyway).

This results is the heal pot nerf hurting laners and not junglers, which seems like it should make ganks easier than before if your teammates can harass the enemy AT ALL (take that people claiming reduced health pots reduce aggression).

The gold loss on camps isn't noticeable either, since you end up killing way more camps due to the faster respawn, and end up making close to the same gold you used to make.

As far as choosing between ganks and farming, the fast respawns just mean there will always be a camp right nearby after your gank instead of that occasional "oh **** I need to save top lane, but the wolves are going to still be down and I'll have to recall or run to bottom to get any farm." This is especially nice if the gank doesn't pan out due to wards or noob teammates pushing the lane as you approach, etc, since you don't miss out on as much farming.

A final thing that seems notable is that your teammates can occasionally steal a jungle camp on their way back to a lane if they have to recall very early/get killed, and as long as you are on the other half of the jungle, the camp will have respawned by the time you get to it. Basically, you get punished less for having teammates that occasionally steal your creeps (seems to happen a lot during midgame for whatever reason).

Moby the White

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venser of Urborg View Post
I like how Zileas said that Dodge has bad psychology....I like how Zileas has no idea wtf he just said...so dodge has a bad study of the mind's conscious states? first of all I think you mean Zileas that it has a traumatic psychological effect upon players...well as it can be confirmed I suffer plenty psychological effects when I get crit for 1000 or 3000 usually this is a 1 shot ko or an OHKO. I really do not believe people understand the diminishing returns behind dodge percentiles or else they would realize that at maximum the highest percent of dodge is achieved via Sivir with 6 boots...now in game this is indeed inefficient as per a proper build. I feel that a proper build as of right now for any dodge champ achieves maybe 45% dodge at most and that is if they stack tabi at least twice i think. Whereas a tryndamere, yi, ashe, or gp can achieve 100% crit within the first 15 mins of the game even quicker for some because of their passives. I really find that the whole crit concept is un-fun. It is only fun for the person attacking and psychologically traumatizes and demoralizes the attacked. (note how i said psychologically not psychology there). And all of this talk about promoting aggressive play and from the arguments i see here I can't help but to agree and say how? how are you promoting it? unless of course you are promoting Tryn, yi, gp, ashe to go and crit us under the tower without any defense to rely upon. In what shape way or form does this allow anything but passive playstyle from champs who can't compete with those like tryn and etc? you tell me to kite them, you say i'm supposed to run away...you say all of this and take away all of my methods to do so!! You remove my slow from redbuff, you take away dodge so i can't survive as long and you say GLHF to me as if i can just kite them all day long. You nerf my jungle so anyone can do it. You make it so that it is harder to predict ganks and you expect AGGRESSIVE PLAYSTYLE? HOW?! WHY IN !@#$ WOULD I PUSH?! i think id rather sit under my turret and range other champions as they rush me and kill my face. because im sure fiddle and tryn have no doubts in their minds about surviving a dive heck they fight me under turrets as long as they like...is this the psychological trauma you wish to promote? because that is exactly what you did! you removed any punishment for doing exactly that. /but im sure you will say that they have to face our jungler's ganks at random times...except the part where it is now guarenteed to be a noob jungler...in all these posts I see no reason to play aggressive.

Edit: upvote if you agree and think this is probably the worst patch ever
bump because it says everything in this thread that the downvoters were thinking

phooriko

11-29-2011

Jungle has turned pointless... 7+ min to get lv 6.... no point to counter jungle, I used to jungle a lot, and always started at enemy`s jungle if they had a jungler, but that is no longer efective since the camp will respawn in 5 sec, we should just farm and farm forever in the jungle, and if a gank went bad, no matter, farm more and more, no more planning needed, no more teamplay needed, this game is turning more and more noob friendly, why riot? why ? I always enjoyed ur work, but this time, u guys did awful... Terrible patch, worst ever... Just one question, how this new jungle will possibly encourage agressiveness ? I mean, I see no point at all in jungling anymore, and if u decide to jungle, why should I leave my free, infinite farm ? Why not just gank when I`m sure to get a kill ? Or when my team needs it ? Which is exactly what junglers should do ? The only difference now is that whether u choose to gank or not, this won`t interfere ur farming, so jungling now needs no planning or skills anymore, as I said before. Lame lame lame... please, go back in ur decision.

SnowGang

11-29-2011

here comes soraka jungle

Keycutter

11-29-2011

I didn't like the sound of these changes at first as you can tell by my earlier post.

I don't know if it was the people complaining or it was just going to be designed this way but I like the changes. They did not shift the game play as much as I was worried they would, and it does away with counter jungling which was just troll anyways.

Thumbs up Riot!

beaulien2009

11-30-2011

RIOT stop trying to change the things that doesent need to be changed like the jungle. now the jungle is messed up

Rubidium

12-05-2011

The next patch should be an un-patch to this