Volibear Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Federok

11-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetOnMyMap View Post
90% of people don't want the change, so why make the change? I know why, no care for what your players want.
because they test the changes.....you people whine without played........ and for riot that inst a motive for dont do it

and 90% dont know what they want......whait i know.....they want to complain for everything

Superbone1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeninPallyton View Post
Zileas was right the whole time, an armored bear gets made and Lol gets destroyed
But he was wrong in the sense that the Armored Bear didn't cause it, they just coincidentally happened at the same time.

Souji Voldoz

11-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahares View Post
Welcome to the League of Legends Patch Preview, summoners! This edition of the Patch Preview is short but important, as multiple major changes are inside! Sivir is getting a remake, the jungle is receiving a significant update, and we’re making a number of changes that should change your priorities in lane. To get a forward look into the next gameplay update, take a look at the Patch Preview!

[turley]kUgIZCij-dw[/turley]

[URL2="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUgIZCij-dw"]Head to the video on YouTube to change your subtitles. Remember to comment on the video and subscribe to the Riot Games YouTube channel![/URL2]
sivir is ok... but JARVAN, UDYR???? is a joke? pls put atention on gankplank that champ or nassus, nasus skills are really awsomes but are so long, well i think that.

bandoni

11-28-2011

173 pages whinning about a patch that isnt even realesed and no one knows what will happen (maybe the new runes are as good or even better, same for the champions changes).

MadDoctorD

11-28-2011

I am really skeptical. One of the coolest things about League of Legends is netting a kill after the enemy champion kills you thanks to your minion backup fire. That's probably one of the most valuable things in pushing any lane at all.

Now we have about two different things coming ---
Summoner's Rift is now almost exclusively focused on PvP like Dominion is, and lane suppression by forcing retreats on the enemy is no longer a viable option. Last hitting is the only way to get on anything, and the minions are there to just be chickens to the slaughter. We don't even have rally anymore to fetch that one kill that almost always seems to get away with minions (Like anyone actually used rally except for me, lol).

If anything, this should bring more viablility to restoring Aegis of the Legion to its former buff to the minions as well as your allies. A lot of people REALLY hated that change, myself included, even though I knew exactly why the change was made. But because the minions are now next to useless, could it be considered to have Aegis proc minions again so they can deal decent damage and make pushing lanes more interesting and fun again? =D

Great Kaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-28-2011

Riot make changes for the best interest for everyone. We need to trust they will do a good job. If the changes are not balanced, they will release a new patch again. Just enjoy the game.

EcheLoL

Recruiter

11-28-2011

LoL community: "QQ minions and jungle are OP QQ"
Riot: *Not paying attention to what they really do* *Clicks on a button that nerfs minions and jungle*
LoL community: "SUCCESS!"

ratcharmer

11-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
We've had this happen with the support changes also -- which ultimately were accepted by the community once they played them. We will measure our success with this patch based on how you guys feel about it after its been out a week.
I was on your side with this right up until you said this.

Myself, and most other support players, are still upset over what's been done to the support class. Surely you remember the big uproar all over the forums about this just a few weeks ago?

That didn't die out because we all changed our minds. It died out when Morello posted saying that he agreed supports needed "quality of life" changes and promising the release of a new support character.

We aren't satisfied, we're waiting to see what you do to fix it.

Herico

11-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federok View Post
because they test the changes.....you people whine without played........ and for riot that inst a motive for dont do it

and 90% dont know what they want......whait i know.....they want to complain for everything
Right.. sure.... (been sarcastic)
Sigh
I might agree with you if you say when Riot nerf a character or somethig becouse people complain a lot about it, like tryn for example..
but this is not the case
we are talking in here about CHANGE A VERY IMPORTANT PART OF THE GAME
MINIONS ARE PART OF THE GAME, AND LIKE IT OR NOT, THEY ARE THERE FOR A PORPOUSE

IF you get into a nest full of ants to hunt their queen...
what do you expect? to not atack you? do you think they will avoid you and continue while you break it all and hunt their queen?
NOP, THATS NOT GONNA HAPPEN, THEY WILL ATACK YOU AND HURT YOU BAD

THAT MEANS, YOU HAS TO BE RESPONSABLE OF THE ACCTIONS YOU TAKE
IF YOU ARE GOING TO CHASE AN ENEMY AND THERE ARE MINIONS BETWEEN, YOU AND ONLY YOU ARE THE RESPONSABLE IF YOU DIE, DONT COMPLAIN OMG I DIED BC OF THE MINIONS
LOL??? THEN YOU WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT ANTS HURTING YOU FOR JUMPING INTO THEIR NEST AND ATACK THEIR QUEEN???

COME ON RIOT!!!!!!!!! WAKE UP, YOU ARE DESTROING THE PORPOUSE OF THE GAME!!!!!!!!!

CREATE A NEW MAP AND STOP MODIFING THE EXISTING ONE TURNING INTO SOMETHING USELESS

THE NEXT THING I SEE IS TO TAKE OFF THE MINIONS
FOR WHAT THEY WILL BE THERE FOR IF THEY WILL BECOME USELESS??????????????

SSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dogtoy

11-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Hi Adolf,

Right now, there is very little downside to initiating a gank at certain times as a jungler. This makes lane play innately more defensive. Additionally, the way health potions is set up makes it so that in-lane harassment is relatively weak.

We are trying to push ganks to be more situation-based and less inevitable, and part of that is helping laners create more situations, while the rest of that is making ganking a choice by junglers, rather than a freebie.
Heya Zileas,
I'm going to give the change a chance before panicking, I actually like the idea of some jungle changes. In the end its all about the numbers.

I am concerned that failed gank attempts will penelize the junglers too heavily especially in mid level play. I am also concerned that game will become even more about farming and less about ganks. Here are my current favoret things about jungling (I jungle alot),if the following are maintained I'll be happy with the changes.
  • I don't feel bad about missing a gank as long as the enemy team lost more life then my team or used a summoner spell to get away.
  • I can help a underskilled teammate who is having trouble in lane for a few seconds without falling too far behind. (keep in mind most of your players are not pros. I play with friends whos skill levels very drasticly)
  • My job is still to primaraly gank not farm. Farming is boring, and thats why I like the jungle currently.
  • The lanes are still unpredictable ( so at my level when I play with my A team freinds (all around 1300-1500 elo, but keep in mind we all play with really bad players (other friends) and it prolly lowers our elo a touch) no one really dies in lane unless an unexpected jungle joins in sneeking around a ward. If the jungle is discouraged from attempting a gank I'm concerned that laning will feel even more like a resource race and less like a battle.
The above being said I could see this being a good change. I just hope the "feel" of the game dosn't change too much. I hope you all push it toward feeling more like a battle and less like a resource race. I think one of your big challenges is overcoming the following:
The better I get at lol the less I care about attacking the enemy and the more I care about last hitting.

I think you are trying to solve the problem mentioned so good luck.