Volibear Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Catmurderer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Oh lord, what the hell is going on in this patch.

Exorcized

11-25-2011

This seems like one of the first companies that really listens and even plays games so that they know what they're talking about when explaining and going over things. Great job riot, definitely an interesting patch that'll change things up a bit, which is always nice

EDIT: One of the first free to play game companies**

Karn Bishop

11-25-2011

So if AD carry builds need attack range for importance like he just said in the spotlight, one can assume your increasing AD twisted fates range?

Fredericolop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poosickle View Post
SIVIR BUFF.. oh wait nvm
Exactly, and they still did nothing about the fact that she's squishy as balls. Regardless of spell shield.

Warkeiser

11-25-2011

Hmm... Safer jungle and more buffs, eh?

Vampiric Scepter Jungle-Invading Nocturne, anyone? You already emerge with near-full health with 21/9/0 mastery.

Raiden27d

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by necropronoia View Post
I don't understand how nerfing health pots promotes more aggressive play. Wouldn't being able to heal any damage you might take promote more aggressive play? If I feel like I go in and take too much damage then can't have that damage healed I'm going to be a bit more safe about when I do or do not engage an enemy. The minion nerf definitely will promote more aggressive play but the health pot nerf will promote more passive play IMO

No, it won't, ****wad. I guarantee people will still try to farm and get flashed/ nuked/ ignited and killed, this is just a change to make SURE people can't spam pots and be good at full health all the time. This will, in turn, create more deaths in lane, since your skills are actually doing damage that's not being healed up right away. Even if you backdown from the lane you are still losing gonna be punished either in xp or gold, or both. "Backing down" doesn't nullify the good this change will do and how it will separate the good from the bad.

I will say however, the champs that have cd skills and easy heals are going to be more prominent picks now. They were already bad but this change might hurt gameplay even more and I can see poking tactics annoyingly increasing.

Męw

11-25-2011

You guys are f*cking pathetic.

OP MINIONS BAWWWW

Seriously?
Also, I thought jungle was fine. You really don't need to make it easy. Way to asskiss noobies.

CursedEgg

11-25-2011

WTF THIS PATCH FKING SUCK!, fking jungle and fking minions u **** everything

painboots

11-25-2011

worthless jungle changes

Debowy

11-25-2011

i hope there are more changes in this patch (like mordekaiser buff)