Volibear Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moric Koschuken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-25-2011

You had better fix Vlad, Riot. I will only ever accept the new jungle if you do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SexyGamer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbela View Post
I dont know why so many people are downvoting - without saying why at that


The minion damage nerf will mean both sides can poke each other more during lane.

The health pot nerf while sad to see it diminish was really OP for 35g 2 health pots with a basiic item at start was better than the dorans ring/black/shield which only give 100 HP compared to the pots which doubled that.

The jungle buffs will be wicked! While a teams jungler will get beefed up nicely early, mid to late game your team will be able to share some sweet buffs for specific champions.

And dare i start on Sivir's changes!? HER RANGE IS INCREASED! YES!!!! Id take her as is now if only her range was longer. I cant say for sure till they come into effect and i try her, but it seems like she will be viable along side your ashe, miss fortune, caitlyn, trist etc.

Thumbs up Riot!
right....now when you say poke, are you also referring to the lanes where a ranged champ is laning against a melee champ in which, the melee champ would get zoned and kited? And when you say OP, are you also inferring that it was OP because it gave melee champs the ability to lane/sustain against ranged champs enough to farm SOMETHING instead of NOTHING?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Numenorian King

Junior Member

11-25-2011

"Jungling is now easy enough for idiots, and with any character now... oh, we also got rid of dodge." ...Well, looks like it's time to sign up for DotA 2.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HuggableZombie

Senior Member

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Le B View Post
Be happy at least you still have potions.
You're right. Thank you, Riot, for reducing the effectiveness of a standard item instead of outright deleting it. You're too kind.
The reason that I kinda agree with this nerf is because, as far as i've seen it, if you make one mistake, you've practically lost the game for your team.
The "one mistake" you're referring to seems to be walking into a wave of enemy minions and engaging the enemy at low levels and dying because of it. If you do that, yeah, you're probably going to lose the game for you team. But it's going to be more of your obviously low skill level and not that you "made the mistake" of walking into an obviously bad idea.
I honestly do not see why anyone is complaining.
Let me take your favourite role, that you're proud of your skill as, took lots of time, experience, IP, and effort to polish and get effective with, that causes your team to count and rely on you, and at times allows you to carry your entire team with your practiced skills.
Now let me rip the carpet out from under you, change nearly every aspect of what you've learned, all in the name of making it more accessible to new players so that they don't have to work nearly as hard as you did to accomplish the same result.
We aren't complaining because we don't want to adapt, we're complaining because we're being forced to adapt to bad and new players, instead of them adapting to us.
Funny how you try to quote me but fail to look an the entirety of what i said. I did say that atleast you had potions, but also mentioned your going to have to be smarter to use them instead of just popping them every time you take a few points of damage.

Also, i did say that i kinda agreed with the minion nerf, but i also said anyone stupid enough to dive to a champion surround by minions deserved to die.

And lastly, when you put it that way, i can see why your angry about it. But can't you atleast enjoy that other players will still get the same result? Or are you too selfish to think of how other player will now carry you?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greÿ Goose

Member

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbela View Post
I dont know why so many people are downvoting - without saying why at that


The minion damage nerf will mean both sides can poke each other more during lane.

The health pot nerf while sad to see it diminish was really OP for 35g 2 health pots with a basiic item at start was better than the dorans ring/black/shield which only give 100 HP compared to the pots which doubled that.

The jungle buffs will be wicked! While a teams jungler will get beefed up nicely early, mid to late game your team will be able to share some sweet buffs for specific champions.

And dare i start on Sivir's changes!? HER RANGE IS INCREASED! YES!!!! Id take her as is now if only her range was longer. I cant say for sure till they come into effect and i try her, but it seems like she will be viable along side your ashe, miss fortune, caitlyn, trist etc.

Thumbs up Riot!

Richochet was entirely revamped and a new passive.

Doran items give other benefits and thus players must choose accordingly based on the enemy and their strat on what items to start with in the beginning. Do you really think players will poke more simply because of minion nerfs? Or do you think players will play more passively since a key sustaining item in health pots have been nerfed? Jungle should never have been tempered with, it was a benefit and communication in teamplay that the jungle would offer the red or blue buff specifically to an AP mid or a ranged carry per-say. The ability to have more access to various buffs at a decreased time frame means overall more aggression? No, it means the more cautious play on both sides, more money spent on wards, CV almost a must for a player on each side (not that it always hasn't been). Riot is simply trying to please the viewers as viewers enjoy aggression and engagement, but they aren't getting at the bigger picture in what it means to specific roles, time management and understanding the basic mechanics as a whole.

All games take a while to master, or get to know the basic fundamentals -
but with patches like these its simply making no point in working hard and spending time on a game you've come to try and get to.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soedan

Senior Member

11-25-2011

This honestly sounds like its too much at once and poorly tested at that kind of patch. (Sorry to say.)

If you want to make this game more friendly to all players then you are going in the wrong direction. A good direction to try could perhaps be more ways/methods for players to learn the game instead of "watering it down" so to speak. I know it sounds like a tough direction to take but it is one worth trying.

At the very least newer players will have more means of gaining insight of how this game is played and more skill level with it. In fact the experienced players might like it better because then they will have more competition and don't have to lose everything about the game they know and love.

EDIT: What I mean by this post is that you should broaden the learning curve instead of watering things down until its mush. Like for example make more champions available for that tutorial other then Ashe, Garen, and Ryze. It Would be an good attempt at broadening the learning curve to say the least.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HuggableZombie

Senior Member

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyGamer View Post
right....now when you say poke, are you also referring to the lanes where a ranged champ is laning against a melee champ in which, the melee champ would get zoned and kited? And when you say OP, are you also inferring that it was OP because it gave melee champs the ability to lane/sustain against ranged champs enough to farm SOMETHING instead of NOTHING?
if your melee, why are you trying to go against ranged? They'll always be able to kite you to no end and be able to shoot you from a distance while your busy trying to close the gap.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heartlis

Senior Member

11-25-2011

Instead of turning LoL into "Baby's first MOBA", perhaps the stealth rework or one of the 10 other promised but unfinished features or champ revamps would've been a better place to focus.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AKQZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

11-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Tryndamere is built around the idea that he is death in melee, but can be kited. Denying him his crit-to-your-face is related to that. We could just as easily give him +500 damage at level 12 on second hits vs champions and have the same effect, but crit is more exciting.
May be there should be item that counter crit, passive, active, or reduce % chance the enemy will crit on u.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moric Koschuken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiethekid View Post
Funny how you try to quote me but fail to look an the entirety of what i said. I did say that atleast you had potions, but also mentioned your going to have to be smarter to use them instead of just popping them every time you take a few points of damage.

Also, i did say that i kinda agreed with the minion nerf, but i also said anyone stupid enough to dive to a champion surround by minions deserved to die.

And lastly, when you put it that way, i can see why your angry about it. But can't you atleast enjoy that other players will still get the same result? Or are you too selfish to think of how other player will now carry you?
Yeah, because being carried is definitely as fun as carrying.