Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nasus cool?

Yeah, but hes weak. 78 45.35%
Yeah and I Pwn face w/ him! 78 45.35%
No he blows. 16 9.3%
Voters 172 .

[Strategy Discussion] Nassus, Bringer of Less Death than Most

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aqualisk

10-03-2009

Quote:
T0ggle:
With Rez buff item you'll have nearly 150+ armor by the time your level 18 wich is enough to tank any damage +you get the bonus of rezing every 5minutes!
combine that with attack speed and lifesteal to become an epic vampire like warwick, or you could always get a splash item with a ton of att power items and just farm minions till your first skill has enough damage to own anyone, though that takes alot of time.

So TriForce + Guardian Angel + Stark's? I'll give it a try.

Odinson

Recruiter

10-04-2009

I like to build his skills by maxing Spirit Fire asap, quickly followed by siphoning strike to start cranking it up. As everyone has said Spirit Fire is awesome for farming and hes kinda item dependent imo. Now don't get me wrong wither has got to be one of the most underated skills in the game he neutralizes other auto attacking heroes so well and has a quick refresh. Also its superb for ganking. You can use it in a team fight multiple times easily. Although i usually take it last due to it not helping build him at lower lvls.

Offensive items i like to get infinity edge every time. With a rune/masteries Set your crits will Hurt! A single life steal item with give him crazy good life gain along with his passive, so stark's is good if you dont have some one already getting it, or one of the other ones depending on who your up against. I haven't tried Sheen or trinity force on him let because Sheen seems like alot of wasted stats on him but I could be wrong ill have to try it out. As for Trinity Force have wanted to but not that high on my priorities for the price.

For defence I like Banshee veil helps with ppl focus firing you down, and stun locks not to mention pretty decent hp/mana/mr. Frozen Mallet for damage slow and good amount of hp. Phage works well if you want to wait to build a mallet too or trinity force.

I found that jungling with him is excellent for chargin your siphoning strike without outside interferance, and if I'm going this route I'll lvl it before Spirit fire. You can use it on literaly every mob if you want, or just to ensure that you get that sliver extra of life back when fighting tougher mobs (of course last hitting em with it also).

I don't know what ppl are talking about hes not good 1v1 if they dont get the drop on him he can own ppl. Although rarely do ppl venture around waiting to get ganked tho. So its not that huge of an issue. Wither, Siphon Strike, Spirit Fire, Siphon Strike, and repeat. Of course Ulti makes it go alot smoother too if you want to and its not that huge of a CD so why not? However they're more likely to run to allies assistance if you do.

In Team fights I've found that I get smacked around alot in the first little bit alot of times I die, But once you get going with your ult you are smacking ppl around like there red headed step childs. And thanks to your life drain you'll be going strong unless they turn and burn you down.

Medianik

10-04-2009

He is a late game hero and I owned with him.

Lord Bender

10-04-2009

he is in first place best farme with his E skill, than he out farm enemy champ a he own, his slow skill is really good, syphoning strike strong ( is there a way to know how much you last hit with it ?) a his ulti is also good

last game i went trinity force, tabi boots, reborn armor , starks and infinity edge and i had the most kills

Joykill

10-04-2009

After reading this and doing a couple of games to test some builds I have to say the following:

chalice , ninja tabi, sheen => trinity force, last whisper, infinity edge (if game lasts that long)

worked out real nice (it is the build someone earlier suggested)

my first skill lvl's are the following:
1) siphoning
2) spirit fire
3) spirit fire
4) siphoning
5) slow
6) ult
7) spirit fire

by the time I hit 7, the spirit fire is enough to farm ranged creeps in 1 cast (also having chalice ensures I can keep castign the AOE) andI last hit whatever I can lasthit with siphoning ofcourse...

LaLaGoodbye

Senior Recruiter

10-04-2009

My game went something like...

1. Siphon
2. Souls
3. Siphon
4. Souls
5. Slow
6. Ult

Then Siphon - Souls - Slow in that order of importance.

I started out with a Meki Pendant and 2 Health Pots (I know I have lifeleech but against ranged I figured I might need a hand)

It ended up I only used one potion... I sold the other one later.

My item build didn't get far - I owned too hard at that point.

Philosophers Stone
Beserker Boots
Phantom Dancer
Infinity Edge

At this point I could solo anything except the Baron. The golem buff on this guy is amazing - I got it every time it came up.

His AoE spell is a godsend for farming - and it helps a lot getting creeps low enough to buff Siphoning Strike.

My thought with him is that he has built in Lifedrain - why not take advantage of that and stack other stats that will help? I have yet to try to get more Lifedrain on him - but I think damage stacking would work better.

Shweet

10-05-2009

Personally, for Nasus I tend to stack lifedrain and it works insanely well especially late game. My item build goes

Philosopher
Berserker
Bloodthirster
Sheen
Infinity
Sell philo get Starks
Guardian angel if it goes that far.

This build is awesome, I think about throwing the mercury treads to get out of shitty situations but usually just go for berserker.

Veckpreb

10-05-2009

I tried him in a more defensive way,my last item build:
1)Chalice/meki pendant/whatever mana regen you prefer
2)Ninja tabi
3)tri-force
4)guardian angel
5)stark's fervor
6)Infinity edge

It was a really close game,but by the time i bought the tri-force i was able to go 1vs2 and make them run or even got a kill,i ended with a 21-5-15 score,i was definitly the carry AND the tank of my team.

Probably Riot will balance him on next patch.

Hexed

Recruiter

10-05-2009

Really curious what people have been running for runes with this dude. Have tried a few different options, and nothing is really 'clicking' for me with him. '

Looking for detailed breakdowns here, and not just 'crit' or 'cooldowns'

Orangensaft

10-05-2009

You guys ever tried him as a carry Tank?
Try laning with a good rang supporter like morgana, you get the last hits for farming.
Awsome lane control, enemy always at his tower, easy farming for you with q and e skill.
Late game your the tank in the middle of the fight with ultimate and all 3-4sec a 600-1k hit.
You dont need triforce, sheen will do it.
For late build a aegis for team and some sunfires.
There you go awsome tank