Nasus cool?

Yeah, but hes weak. 78 45.35%
Yeah and I Pwn face w/ him! 78 45.35%
No he blows. 16 9.30%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

[Strategy Discussion] Nassus, Bringer of Less Death than Most

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katalystik

Junior Member

10-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualisk View Post
Sheen is *really* important in his build because it allows you to one shot creeps with siphoning to power it up faster.
This is where Sheen/Lichbane shines. At 5, the CD of Siphoning is wicked short and pops Sheen every time. I've had over 1k hits WITHOUT a crit going this route before. Truly impressive to see chunks like that.

Edit: Almost forgot, both Siphoning AND Sheen/Lichbane will trigger on Turrent, thus taking down over a quarter of their health in one swing, most of the times more.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkening

Senior Member

10-02-2009

Very interesting, I'm glad that strats for him are starting to form instead of him just being kicked to the curb.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Tibbers

Member

10-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodba7h View Post
There's no "Yeah, he's good but no OP." option.

Didn't vote.
Some translation required.

That'd be, "Yeah, but he sucks."

"Yeah, and I pwn face w/ him" is "Good, but OP"

"No, he blows" is "OMFG< WSDLBJA NASSUS IS SUCH ****< SKBAQDLAD HE NOT OP TAV AALLZ AMEJBR".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redrach

Senior Member

10-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katalystik View Post
This is where Sheen/Lichbane shines. At 5, the CD of Siphoning is wicked short and pops Sheen every time. I've had over 1k hits WITHOUT a crit going this route before. Truly impressive to see chunks like that.
I think Zeal -> Sheen -> Trinity Force should be his core item. More move speed, crits, big hits, mana, a slow, attack speed... he can use all of it!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AI Assimilator

Senior Member

10-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
But since his natural HP & Armor growth is low it felt unnatural.
I keep seeing people mention this misinformation. If anyone bothered to check he has the 3rd highest hp growth in the game (higher than some of the other tanks) and higher armour growth than most tanks. Yes hp and armour on him don't synergies that well with his abilities like with some tanks, but no he isnt a squishy when played as a carry as some people in another thread were stating.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kimmy Gibler

Senior Member

10-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrach View Post
I think Zeal -> Sheen -> Trinity Force should be his core item. More move speed, crits, big hits, mana, a slow, attack speed... he can use all of it!
I completely agree... i think I'm going to try out Chalice -> Tabi -> Sheen (to Trinity) -> Last Whisper -> Infinity Edge (if it goes that long).

The 150% attack bonus from Trinity + Infinity Edge + charged up Siphon.... wow. I can't wait to test it. I'm going to use my crit dmg page.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Tibbers

Member

10-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Assimilator View Post
I keep seeing people mention this misinformation. If anyone bothered to check he has the 3rd highest hp growth in the game (higher than some of the other tanks) and higher armour growth than most tanks. Yes hp and armour on him don't synergies that well with his abilities like with some tanks, but no he isnt a squishy when played as a carry as some people in another thread were stating.
Don't know about this. Ever play him in game? Like, not theorycrafting? Every time I play him, I seem to be watching that life drop like mad. Maybe it's new hero syndrome, and everyone focuses on him so they don't have to deal with abilities they don't know?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redrach

Senior Member

10-02-2009

I think the biggest reason why Nassus dies so quickly is that his ultimate is a huge glowing sign asking everyone to cast their ultimates on him.
And the fact that many noobs feel like they're gods when they cast the ult causes many of them to charge headlong into battle and die.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aqualisk

Senior Member

10-02-2009

He does not have the 3rd highest HP growth in the game. He has just over 2k HP at level 18 and considering the items that have the most synergy with his abilities give no HP boosts you'll find he drops very quickly.

My experience so far is that in team fights, since he's melee, it's very common to get focused down.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AI Assimilator

Senior Member

10-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualisk View Post
He does not have the 3rd highest HP growth in the game. He has just over 2k HP at level 18 and considering the items that have the most synergy with his abilities give no HP boosts you'll find he drops very quickly.

My experience so far is that in team fights, since he's melee, it's very common to get focused down.
cho'gath without feast has about the same hp . When I stated growth I meant excluding abilities/items and yes I agree that his abilities arent the best tanking abilities out there. imho with his current spirit fire he should be played as a carry however unlike some of the other carries he has a bit more hp and more armour (4 per level, where some tanks get 3.3-3.5). Also his farming ability doesnt need to be buffed by items to farm well, so he can decide what build to try based on the opponents. For now crit is great.